Senior Site Reliability Engineer
HQ Department – Engineering /
HappyFresh is the fastest-growing online grocery marketplace in South-East Asia and Asia's Best Company to Work For 2019. Headquartered in Jakarta, we have expanded to major cities in three countries and now operate in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Every day, our team delivers the #FreshlyHandpicked quality groceries to thousands of customers.
As a company, we are here to deliver a simplified life by providing an easy grocery shopping experience with a high-quality service. With our HappyFresh Culture, we believe we can achieve our goals with you in it.
In terms of structure, you will be working in a cross-functional and self-organized team. From day one, we believe in “no silos” as an achievable goal. We do need the “right” engineers—those who are willing to collaborate, who value direct feedback, dare to challenge assumptions, and believe in continuous improvement. We know very well that when you create a product for everyone, you have to involve everyone. That is why at HappyFresh, we value inclusion over elitism, skills over credentials.
- Bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system administration topics
- Build self-service tools for user groups that rely on their services (e.g. automatic provisioning of test environments, logs, and statistics visualization)
- Closely collaborate with developers to ensure the designed solution responds to non-functional requirements such as availability, performance, security, and maintainability
- Ensure the software delivery pipeline is as efficient as possible
- Work experience as a SRE/ DevOps Engineer or 5 years working experience in similar software engineering role
- Have strong programming skills (Python, Go, or Ruby) and experience with scripting languages (Shell script)
- Strong operational experience in environments running Postgres, Memcache, Redis and NoSQL systems
- Experience with Linux operating system internals, filesystems, disk/storage technologies and networking
- Experience with configuration management tools.
- Have experience with AWS and/or other cloud technology
- Experience analyzing, monitoring, and troubleshooting large-scale, high-traffic distributed systems.
- Knowledge in distributed service architecture, such as load balancing, service discovery, distributed caching and distributed tracing.
General Requirements as Senior SRE:
- Having an agility mindset, working previously with agile development framework are preferred
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent in prioritisation
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Employee discounts: affordable grocery special for HappyFreshers!
- Generous medical, dental, and maternity insurance
- HappyHealth; allowance provided to HappyFreshers for health activities and health-related items
- LinkedIn Learning access for all courses!
- Work-from-home days
- 12 days of paid leave per year, plus additional 1 day off for every work anniversary
- HappyFit; a free & fun exercise time along with HappyFreshers inviting professional trainers
- HappyMind; a psychological consultation program with experts from Clinician, to keep your mental health in track
- Lactation room for working mothers
- Occasional celebration for when we achieve something big together!
See what it's like to work here: http://happyfresh.com/careers