Senior iOS Engineer
Multiple Work Locations /
HQ Department – Engineering /
HappyFresh welcomes talent around the globe - enjoy the flexibility of working from anywhere! #LI-REMOTE
Grocery shopping is easy, said no one ever! Nobody likes cardio in the supermarket, looking for an empty parking bay, lining up and, God forbid, traffic jams. There is more to life than just reaching for that loaf of bread on the top shelf at the store. Enter the solution!
We are HappyFresh, Southeast Asia’s leading grocery e-commerce company that is hell-bent on delivering a simplified life by revolutionising how you and many households get their groceries.
Our HappyFresh app grants access to over 400 partnered supermarkets and specialty stores that echo our cause to change the grocery shopping landscape.
Customers can also shop from our HappyFresh Supermarket, which offers greater shopping flexibility. Enjoy express and scheduled grocery deliveries, fewer out-of-stock moments, competitive prices and more.
We hold through to 5 cultural pillars that serve as our mantra behind our day-to-day tasks and interactions with our teammates, laying the foundation for a more conducive and productive work culture. They are:
Customer, Customer, Customer
Ownership and Deliver Impact
Beyond our strive towards solving the problem that is grocery shopping, we look to address the needs and wants of local communities and create a future where groceries will never be a problem in the modern world.
What Will You Do
- Work in our scrum team to build an online groceries experience for iOS platform
- A focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively
- Analyze and optimize UI and front-end application code for efficiency and performance
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
- Ship efficient, reliable, crash-free code that reaches millions of users
- Works on complex feature sets and breaks them down into smaller tasks in order to speed up customer value delivery
- Having a great balance between pace and perfection. Means that, considering the trade-off between the total time spent in creating the perfect code, versus delivering other efficient products
- Identify and help other engineers to resolve blockers and support the deliverable
- Leading the deliverable of an end-to-end complex feature
- Provide technical advice and involve in technical decisions that impact other teams or company at large
- Research and propose new technology or engineering practice
What Will You Need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, with minimum 5 years working experience in mobile development
- Have published one or more iOS apps in the app store
- Strong knowledge of Swift and or Objective-C
- Strong knowledge of iOS app architecture and frameworks such as UIKit, Core Data, Core Animation, etc
- Knowledge and experience of UI layouting, multi-threading, networking, and memory management in iOS
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs and why we should/not to use them
- Knowledge and experience in common iOS architecture other than MVC
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Having an agility mindset, working previously with agile development framework are preferred
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent in prioritisation
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
What's In It for You
- HappyFit: fun exercise programs alongside professional trainers.
- HappyMind: free psychological consultation to keep your mental health on track.
- HappyBenefit: allowance for health activities and health-related items.
- LinkedIn Learning access for all courses!
- Discounts on grocery shopping on our HappyFresh app.
- Competitive compensation package including medical, dental, maternal insurance and more.
- No Meeting Thursday: an internal initiative for HappyFreshers to engage in deeper work task focus without distractions.
- Additional 1 day annual leave for each work anniversary.
- Birthday leave.
- Occasional celebration for team engagements.
- All-access to snacks in our pantry.
- Hybrid working environment with dynamic and international colleagues.
What Will You be Part of
Meet, collaborate, and flex your skills alongside talented and driven problem solvers from all walks of life. We applaud a hungry-to-learn and a proactive attitude in helping other HappyFreshers within and beyond your departmental borders in their time of need. All while striving for the same goal - to deliver a simplified life.
We place safety for HappyFreshers first. Hence why, we take extensive measures to ensure you stay safe and healthy in body, mind, and soul through our various online and offline activities.
See what it's like to work here: http://happyfresh.com/careers