BackEnd Engineer - Java/GoLang
We’re going to be blunt: nowhere in Southeast Asia can the code you write significantly shape how people shop for their #1 need: grocery.
HappyFresh Group is the number one online grocery company in Southeast Asia. With headquarters in Jakarta, we have expanded to eight cities in three countries and now operate in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. We work with exciting new technologies and solve complex problems across multiple browsers, platforms and mobile devices.
At HappyFresh, in terms of scale, you get to build a best-in-class technology that connects thousands of families with retail stores across Southeast Asia.
In terms of structure, you will be working in a cross-functional and self-organized team. From day one, we believe in “no silos” as an achievable goal.
That is why we can’t afford to hire only the best engineers. We also need the “right” engineers--those who are willing to collaborate, who value direct feedback, dare to challenge assumptions, and believe in continuous improvement.
What You Will be Doing
- Designing and implementing new features for our backend
- Supporting and maintaining existing codebase
- Writing clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Contributing in all phases of the development life cycle in an agile environment
- Driving continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, information system, electrical engineering, or relevant discipline is preferred
- Any level of backend development experience
- Able and passionate in delivering high-quality, high-quality performance code using Java or Go
- Experience in one or more of the following languages/frameworks: Java Spring Boot, Go, Rails
- Excellent in coding and database design
- Experience in using Git version control system
- Passionate in growing skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Enjoy working in an agile and collaborative environment
- Eager to learn new tools, techniques, languages, and technologies
- Experience in creating highly scalable backend is a plus
Get to know you future colleagues here.