Growth Engineer - Personalization
HappyFresh Group is the number one online grocery company in Southeast Asia. With headquarters in Jakarta, we have expanded to eight cities in three countries and now operate in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Every day, our team delivers the freshest, highest quality groceries to thousands of customers in Southeast Asia's major cities.
At HappyFresh, we believe that everyone should live a life the way they choose it. That is why we don't just deliver groceries--we liberate people's life for a simpler, healthier, and better lifestyle by getting the freshest, highest quality groceries handpicked for them by our trained personal shoppers.
And "fresh" does not only represent the way we pick our groceries, it also represents the quality that we work so hard to live by. We are an international melting pot with more than 200 people from 15+ different nationalities, all working together hand in hand to empower people in making smarter choices in groceries. Working with us, you will be pushed to achieve your potential with maximum fun.
Are you a full-stack developer who’s eager to extend your knowledge in growth hacking field? A data geek who never gets tired of learning new things? Join our team in Jakarta, Indonesia!
We're looking for a results-oriented and startup-loving engineer to help us expand our business as part of our growth team. We're fast and adaptive, seeking to move the needle on key business goals through experimentation and measurement.
This role could be perfect for you if you love startups and aren't scared to own things and pivot.
Whether recommending content, improving search results, or anticipating what the customer is about to do, personalization is all about making the product experience unique, relevant and valuable to the customer. The ideal candidate would be those who have background in developing large scale systems, interested in personalization, have intense curiosity, have excellent analytical abilities. You should be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to details) and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Engineers will work closely with both business teams and development teams to understand requirements, design and develop technical solutions and collect feedback from customers. If you are looking for your next big challenge and career move, come talk to us.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop personalization strategies to optimize KPIs and customers’ lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain scalable distributed real-time systems
- Adapt machine learning, data mining and statistical techniques to high volume low-latency production workloads
- Participate in full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
Who We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years industry experience in software development
- Experienced in programming with Java or similar OO language
- Ability to handle ambiguous and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Development Expertise in object-oriented design, big data and large scale distributed systems
- Experience in RDBMS-based development and administration (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc)
- Data-processing tools (Pentaho, AWS EMR, Spark, etc)Deployment to cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a team player
We Also Like It If You Are
- Experienced in building complex large scale software systems servicing millions of users
- Experienced in working with AWS, NoSQL, streaming/lambda architectures (Apache Spark, Storm, Kafka)
- Interested in the field of personalization
- Competitive salary package
- Employee discounts: affordable grocery special for HappyFreshers!
- Generous medical, dental, and maternity insurance
- HappyHealth; allowance provided to HappyFreshers for health activities and health-related items
- Work-from-home days
- 12 days of paid leave per year, annual 3-country conferences
- Free Zumba/Muaythai for girls, Futsal for boys
- Lactation room for working mothers
- Cakes for every birthday/work anniversary, pizza/martabak every time we find something to celebrate
See what it's like to work here: http://happyfresh.com/careers