Front-end Web Engineer
We’re going to be blunt: nowhere in Southeast Asia can the code you write significantly shape how people shop for their #1 need: grocery.
HappyFresh Group is the number one online grocery company in Southeast Asia. With headquarters in Jakarta, we have expanded to eight cities in three countries and now operate in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. We work with exciting new technologies and solve complex problems across multiple browsers, platforms and mobile devices.
At HappyFresh, in terms of scale, you get to build a best-in-class technology that connects thousands of families with retail stores across Southeast Asia.
In terms of structure, you will be working in a cross-functional and self-organized team. From day one, we believe in “no silos” as an achievable goal.
That is why we can’t afford to hire only the best engineers. We also need the “right” engineers--those who are willing to collaborate, who value direct feedback, dare to challenge assumptions, and believe in continuous improvement.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Designing and implementing new features for our user-facing client front end
- Writing clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Designing robust, scalable and secure features
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Following best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards)
- Driving continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
Who We Are Looking For
- 2+ years of Front End development experience
- Experience with automation tools like Bower, Webpack and Grunt
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails
- Experience with React and server side rendering
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Competitive salary package
- Employee discounts: affordable grocery special for HappyFreshers!
- Generous medical, dental, and maternity insurance
- HappyHealth; allowance provided to HappyFreshers for health activities and health-related items
- Work-from-home days
- 12 days of paid leave per year, annual 3-country conferences
- Free Zumba/Muaythai for girls, Futsal for boys
- Lactation room for working mothers
- Cakes for every birthday/work anniversary, pizza/martabak every time we find something to celebrate
Get to know you future colleagues here.