HQ Department – Engineering /
HappyFresh is Southeast Asia's #1 Online Grocery Company and Asia's Best Company to Work For 2019.
With headquarters in Jakarta, we have expanded to eight cities in three countries and now operate in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Every day, our team delivers the freshest, highest quality groceries to thousands of customers in Southeast Asia's major cities.
Our mission is to provide an easier way to access healthy food by enabling our customers to live life to the fullest and to have a healthy lifestyle for themselves and their loved ones. We know very well that when you create a product for everyone, you have to involve everyone. That is why at HappyFresh, we value inclusion over elitism, skills over credentials.
At HappyFresh, in terms of scale, you get to build a best-in-class technology that connects thousands of families with retail stores across Southeast Asia.
In terms of structure, you will be working in a cross-functional and self-organized team. From day one, we believe in “no silos” as an achievable goal.
That is why we can’t afford to hire only the best engineers. We also need the “right” engineers--those who are willing to collaborate, who value direct feedback, dare to challenge assumptions, and believe in continuous improvement.
What You Will be Doing
- Define technical vision on the backend and devops side and plan its technical roadmap
- Mentor and motivate programmers to develop their technical skills + provide them with what they need to work efficiently and achieve quality (tools, pipelines, etc.)
- Provide technical oversight by reviewing code and making technical validations
- Anticipate and assess complex, escalated issues + propose adapted solutions
- Sync up with other technical leads to remove blockers and keep production moving forward
- Stay up to date on technological advancements and industry standards to define our best practices
- Move fast in an agile and iterative team environment
The Ideal Candidate
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 5 years of programming experience +1 year of technical leadership
- Proficiency in one or more backend server languages (Java or Golang preferred), and expertise in popular storage systems such as relational databases, noSQL and caching
- Experience in fulfillment/inventory related projects is a big plus
- Proficiency in REST API design and microservices architecture
- Great knowledge of Docker, AWS ECS, and continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- The ability to make informed, immediate decisions with minimal long-term impacts
- A strategic approach to problem-solving: you don’t just patch problems, you solve them so that they never happen again
- Excellent mentorship and interpersonal skills
- A highly innovative and collaborative spirit
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you can easily communicate with all disciplines + break down complex information for various audiences
- A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology & help others improve their skills
See what it's like to work here: http://happyfresh.com/careers