HappyFresh Group is the number one online grocery company in Southeast Asia. With headquarters in Jakarta, we have expanded to eight cities in three countries and now operate in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Every day, our team delivers the freshest, highest quality groceries to thousands of customers in Southeast Asia's major cities.
We know very well that when you create a product for everyone, you have to involve everyone. That is why at HappyFresh, we value inclusion over elitism, skills over credentials. We give talented people opportunities to join and grow with us regardless of their backgrounds. As long as you can make a difference, we welcome you to join a team that shapes the future and have fun along the way.
As our Category Manager, you will be supporting pricing and overall promotion for a wide range of products across all categories to maximize overall sales for our FCMG partner brands. The ideal candidate for this role must have an extensive experience in category management and sales strategy. He/she must have a business commercial mindset and full comprehension of marketing and sales principles.
What You'll Be Doing
- Defining the category strategy for category products in HappyFresh, including sub-categories.
- Analyze data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends and to understand the impact of category decisions on the sales and profits.
- Fostering data and navigate the statistic to achieve better pricing and quality of services
- Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category
- Identifying assortment gaps and provide Sales Marketing team with suggestion
- Modelling and make forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability
- Assume responsibility of budget development and revenue for category
Who We Are Looking For
- 3+ years proven experience in category management from e-commerce, retail merchandising or management consulting experience
- Strong analytical acumen; comfortable generating and evaluating various forecasts, metrics, and analyses
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability, innovative problem-solving skills; dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions
- Excellent communication and people skills with proven track record of successful negotiations and relationship management (both internal and external)
- Competitive salary package
- Employee discounts: affordable grocery special for HappyFreshers!
- Generous medical, dental, and maternity insurance
- HappyHealth; allowance provided to HappyFreshers for health activities and health-related items
- Work-from-home days
- 12 days of paid leave per year, annual 3-country conferences
- Free Zumba/Muaythai for girls, Futsal for boys
- Lactation room for working mothers
- Cakes for every birthday/work anniversary, pizza/martabak everytime we find something to celebrate
See what it's like to work here: http://happyfresh.com/careers