Managing Director, Thailand
TH – Management /
Our Managing Director brings together what makes for a true entrepreneur: strategic thinking, an analytically structured approach to problem solving, and hands-on mentality when it comes to execution. He/She is fully responsible for all strategic and operational decisions within Thailand - from calibrating our value proposition to match local market requirements, to driving growth and profitability while ensuring operational excellence.
The Managing Director is passionate about teamwork as he/she leads and develops the local team and liaises with our senior management team across the region. He/she ensures best-in-class customer experience at high logistical efficiency. Our business is tough – really tough! That’s why our ideal candidate has a healthy sense of humor to spread among the team, while setting clear targets and expectations.
He/she encourages initiative and has a natural intuition for where micro-management is needed, versus where management by objectives yields the best results. It’s his/her responsibility to identify the right motivators for each team member and develop them to be the best they can be. When things get rough, the MD shows decisiveness – asking for forgiveness rather than permission – and takes an energizing approach to showing his team a clear path on how to weather the storm!
Deliver profitability at CLV level (customer lifetime value) by defining and executing strategies that will financially improve our relationship with our partners, that will optimize for our customer’s contribution and for our fulfilment costs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Taking full responsibility for all strategic and operational decisions within your territory, and full ownership of your P&L.
- Leading and executing strategic projects to deliver best-in-class customer experience.
- Expanding HappyFresh’s operations to new areas
- Acquiring and maintaining relationships with retail partners
- Tracking critical growth and profitability metrics for your market
- Coordinating with Group marketing and propose/drive brand awareness local initiatives
- Hiring and developing top talents
- Sharing best practices with our international senior management team across the region
Who We Are Looking for:
- 2 years’ experience in a general management position and or 5-6 years’ experience in senior manager role, ideally in e-commerce.
- Prior work experience in Thailand a must!
- Fluent in both Thai and English languages
- Strong experience in managing multi skills team.
- People oriented leadership a must!
- Big 4 consulting background a plus
- Deep knowledge of Thai economic ecosystem and culture
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Acute analytical skills and a data-driven mentality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to initiate and manage change in a fast pace environment
- Strong track-record of delivering on targets
- Previous experience working in a start-up or dynamic high-growth company a plus
- Can-do mindset and hands-on attitude
See what it's like to work here: http://happyfresh.com/careers