Software Engineer (Android)
We’re going to be blunt: nowhere in Southeast Asia can the code you write significantly shape how people shop for their #1 need: grocery.
HappyFresh Group is the number one online grocery company in Southeast Asia. With headquarters in Jakarta, we have expanded to eight cities in three countries and now operate in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. We work with exciting new technologies and solve complex problems across multiple browsers, platforms and mobile devices.
At HappyFresh, in terms of scale, you get to build a best-in-class technology that connects thousands of families with retail stores across Southeast Asia.
In terms of structure, you will be working in a cross-functional and self-organized team. From day one, we believe in “no silos” as an achievable goal.
That is why we can’t afford to hire only the best engineers. We also need the “right” engineers--those who are willing to collaborate, who value direct feedback, dare to challenge assumptions, and believe in continuous improvement.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work in our scrum team to customize the online groceries experience for the Android platform
- A focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively
- Analyze and optimize UI and front-end application code for efficiency and performance
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
- Ship efficient, reliable, crash-free code that reaches millions of users
Who We Are Looking For
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 1+ years in software development experience
- 1+ years experience designing, developing, releasing, and maintaining Java application
- Strong coding ability and experience with Java and Android SDK. particularly knowledge of Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Experience with Java language and related frameworks
- Experience with Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
Bonus Point For You If
- You are knowledgeable in Kotlin
- You are knowledgeable in VIPER Architecture
- You have open source project
- Competitive salary package
- Employee discounts: affordable grocery special for HappyFreshers!
- Generous medical, dental, and maternity insurance
- HappyHealth; allowance provided to HappyFreshers for health activities and health-related items
- Work-from-home days
- 12 days of paid leave per year, annual 3-country conferences
- Free Zumba/Muaythai for girls, Futsal for boys
- Lactation room for working mothers
- Cakes for every birthday/work anniversary, pizza/martabak everytime we find something to celebrate
Get to know you future colleagues here.