Senior Android Engineer
HQ Department – Engineering /
HappyFresh is the fastest-growing online grocery marketplace in South-East Asia and Asia's Best Company to Work For 2019. Headquartered in Jakarta, we have expanded to major cities in three countries and now operate in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Every day, our team delivers the #FreshlyHandpicked quality groceries to thousands of customers.
As a company, we are here to deliver a simplified life by providing an easy grocery shopping experience with a high-quality service. With our HappyFresh Culture, we believe we can achieve our goals with you in it.
In terms of structure, you will be working in a cross-functional and self-organized team. From day one, we believe in “no silos” as an achievable goal. We do need the “right” engineers—those who are willing to collaborate, who value direct feedback, dare to challenge assumptions, and believe in continuous improvement. We know very well that when you create a product for everyone, you have to involve everyone. That is why at HappyFresh, we value inclusion over elitism, skills over credentials.
- Work in our scrum team to build an online groceries experience for the Android platform
- A focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively
- Analyze and optimize UI and front-end application code for efficiency and performance
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
- Ship efficient, reliable, crash-free code that reaches millions of users
Senior Android Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Works on complex feature sets and breaks them down into smaller tasks in order to speed up customer value delivery
- Having a great balance between pace and perfection. Means that, considering the trade-off between the total time spent in creating the perfect code, versus delivering other efficient products
- Identify and help other engineers to resolve blockers and support the deliverable
- Leading the deliverable of an end-to-end complex feature
- Provide technical advice and involve in technical decisions that impact other teams or company at large
- Research and propose new technology or engineering practice
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, with minimum 5 years working experience in mobile development
- Proven working experience in Android app development
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with RxJava
General Requirements as Senior Engineer:
- Having an agility mindset, working previously with agile development framework are preferred
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent in prioritisation
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Employee discounts: affordable grocery special for HappyFreshers!
- Generous medical, dental, and maternity insurance
- HappyHealth; allowance provided to HappyFreshers for health activities and health-related items
- LinkedIn Learning access for all courses!
- Work-from-home days
- 12 days of paid leave per year, plus additional 1 day off for every work anniversary
- HappyFit; a free & fun exercise time along with HappyFreshers inviting professional trainers
- HappyMind; a psychological consultation program with experts from Clinician, to keep your mental health in track
- Lactation room for working mothers
- Occasional celebration for when we achieve something big together!
See what it's like to work here: http://happyfresh.com/careers