Senior Growth Engineer
HappyFresh Group is the number one online grocery company in Southeast Asia. With headquarters in Jakarta, we have expanded to eight cities in three countries and now operate in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Every day, our team delivers the freshest, highest quality groceries to thousands of customers in Southeast Asia's major cities.
At HappyFresh, we believe that everyone should live a life the way they choose it. That is why we don't just deliver groceries--we liberate people's life for a simpler, healthier, and better lifestyle by getting the freshest, highest quality groceries handpicked for them by our trained personal shoppers.
And "fresh" does not only represent the way we pick our groceries, it also represents the quality that we work so hard to live by. We are an international melting pot with more than 200 people from 15+ different nationalities, all working together hand in hand to empower people in making smarter choices in groceries. Working with us, you will be pushed to achieve your potential with maximum fun.
The Growth Engineering team is dedicated to apply product, engineering, and data to keep Happy Fresh grows as fast as possible. To effectively do so, we build features, infrastructure, and experiments to maximize growth.
Our work ranges from iterating on our core user experience across our entire stack, to create recommendation and personalization systems. We build models to better predict how our customers behave over the long run in order to grow sustainably and profitably. Finally, we are responsible for the infrastructure that powers our growth, including our experimentation framework and automated marketing systems.
You will build software to help drive double-digit growth month-over-month. How you do that is up to you and your team - as long as you can measure and back your results up. Your work ranges from backend infrastructure like extending our experimentation platform, owning customer-facing features like personalization systems end-to-end, to optimizing our endpoint load time to help move conversion.
We focus on building quantifiably high impact features through prototyping and experimentation. It is your responsibility to ensure that these features and systems are maintainable, scalable, and can be built into more sophisticated solutions, by you, or by relevant teams.
What You'll Be Doing
- Drive consistent and scalable growth through product, engineering and data leverage
- Build the infrastructure that enables us to understand our customers journey end to end. It’s hard to optimize that which you do not understand.
- Build features with quantifiably high impact through prototyping and experimentation
- Ship features and services, that directly and scalably drive growth
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems that power Happy Fresh’s growth
- Build tools that help our non-engineer teams (e.g. marketing, go-to-market) teams scale
- Integrate with other backend query-processing services and infrastructure
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices
Who We Are Looking For
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical field
- 5-8+ years experience on working in a full stack, API engineering, or application services role
- 2+ years experience on Growth team is a huge plus
- Preferable, but not required, experience in these following things: RESTful web service development, Ruby on Rails web application framework, RDBMS-based development (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc), Search engine-based development (Elasticsearch, Algolia, etc), and Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Growth mindset, humility, and the burning desire to own your domain and your work
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of code, systems, and processes through analysis and metrics
- Technical leadership of an engineering team is a plus
- Competitive salary package
- Employee discounts: affordable grocery special for HappyFreshers!
- Generous medical, dental, and maternity insurance
- HappyHealth; allowance provided to HappyFreshers for health activities and health-related items
- Work-from-home days
- 12 days of paid leave per year, annual 3-country conferences
- Free Zumba/Muaythai for girls, Futsal for boys
- Lactation room for working mothers
- Cakes for every birthday/work anniversary, pizza/martabak everytime we find something to celebrate
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diverse thoughts are the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to add new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
See what it's like to work here: http://happyfresh.com/careers