Senior Data Engineer
HQ Department – Engineering /
HappyFresh is the fastest-growing online grocery marketplace in South-East Asia and Asia's Best Company to Work For 2019. Headquartered in Jakarta, we have expanded to major cities in three countries and now operate in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Every day, our team delivers the #FreshlyHandpicked quality groceries to thousands of customers.
As a company, we are here to deliver a simplified life by providing an easy grocery shopping experience with a high-quality service. With our HappyFresh Culture, we believe we can achieve our goals with you in it.
In terms of structure, you will be working in a cross-functional and self-organized team. From day one, we believe in “no silos” as an achievable goal. We do need the “right” engineers—those who are willing to collaborate, who value direct feedback, dare to challenge assumptions, and believe in continuous improvement. We know very well that when you create a product for everyone, you have to involve everyone. That is why at HappyFresh, we value inclusion over elitism, skills over credentials.
- Build scalable data pipeline and data warehouse
- Gather from various data source to a data lake
- Build ETL data transformation job
Senior Data Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Creates reliable architectures and interfaces designed to collect a large amount of data from different sources and transform it into a usable format for analysis
- Having a great balance between pace and perfection. Means that, considering the trade-off between the total time spent in creating the perfect code, versus delivering other efficient products
- Identify and help other engineers to resolve blockers and support the deliverable
- Provide technical advice and involve in technical decisions that impact other teams or company at large
- Research and propose new technology or engineering practice
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field with minimum 2 years experience in related field
- Previous experience as a machine learning engineer or in a similar role
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java, Golang and Python)
- Hands-on experience with Hive and Spark design and implementation
- Great numerical and analytical skills
General Requirements as Senior Engineer:
- Having an agility mindset, working previously with agile development framework are preferred
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent in prioritisation
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Employee discounts: affordable grocery special for HappyFreshers!
- Generous medical, dental, and maternity insurance
- HappyHealth; allowance provided to HappyFreshers for health activities and health-related items
- LinkedIn Learning access for all courses!
- Work-from-home days
- 12 days of paid leave per year, plus additional 1 day off for every work anniversary
- HappyFit; a free & fun exercise time along with HappyFreshers inviting professional trainers
- HappyMind; a psychological consultation program with experts from Clinician, to keep your mental health in track
- Lactation room for working mothers
- Occasional celebration for when we achieve something big together!
See what it's like to work here: http://happyfresh.com/careers