Lead Test Automation Engineer
HQ Department – Engineering /
HappyFresh is the fastest-growing online grocery marketplace in South-East Asia and Asia's Best Company to Work For 2019. Headquartered in Jakarta, we have expanded to major cities in three countries and now operate in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Every day, our team delivers the #FreshlyHandpicked quality groceries to thousands of customers.
As a company, we are here to deliver a simplified life by providing an easy grocery shopping experience with a high-quality service. With our HappyFresh Culture, we believe we can achieve our goals with you in it.
In terms of structure, you will be working in a cross-functional and self-organized team. From day one, we believe in “no silos” as an achievable goal. We do need the “right” engineers—those who are willing to collaborate, who value direct feedback, dare to challenge assumptions, and believe in continuous improvement. We know very well that when you create a product for everyone, you have to involve everyone. That is why at HappyFresh, we value inclusion over elitism, skills over credentials.
- Lead and build a team of 3-5 test automation engineers
- Contribute and lead engineering efforts from planning, execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in tools and testing
- Develop scalable and reliable automated tests for software and feature quality at both system and user level
- Design, create, modify and execute test strategies/plans and drive to improve software testing processes and methodologies
- Design, create, modify and execute test strategies/plans and drive to improve software testing processes and methodologies.
- Optimize and maintain team oriented tools or tests to increase productivity
- People development (e.g. hiring, coaching, mentoring, etc), in order to continuously ensure the team capacity--high quality engineers with the right skill set
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar field with minimum 6 years of testing experience
- Experience in building test automation solution, automated internal frameworks, monitor system, or improving testing effectiveness
- Solid understanding of QA methodology and how it fits into the Software Delivery Life-cycle
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Advanced programming skills including automation systems and databases
- Experience in CI/CD implementation
General Requirements as Lead Engineer:
- Having an agility mindset, working previously with agile development framework are preferred
- Experience managing small team
- Advanced problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Excellent in prioritisation
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good project management skills
- Employee discounts: affordable grocery special for HappyFreshers!
- Generous medical, dental, and maternity insurance
- HappyHealth; allowance provided to HappyFreshers for health activities and health-related items
- LinkedIn Learning access for all courses!
- Work-from-home days
- 12 days of paid leave per year, plus additional 1 day off for every work anniversary
- HappyFit; a free & fun exercise time along with HappyFreshers inviting professional trainers
- HappyMind; a psychological consultation program with experts from Clinician, to keep your mental health in track
- Lactation room for working mothers
- Occasional celebration for when we achieve something big together!
See what it's like to work here: http://happyfresh.com/careers