What is Harmony?
Our open infrastructure is a revolutionary high-throughput, low-latency, and low-fee consensus platform designed to power decentralized economies of the future. This platform aims to provide a consensus protocol over the open Internet at 10 million transactions per second with 100-millisecond latency.
Harmony’s goal is to be 1,000+ times faster and cheaper than Bitcoin and Ethereum. We believe scalability requires optimization across multiple layers. Our full-stack approach applies 10x innovations in networking, systems, and consensus algorithms.
Why work for Harmony?
* You will have the opportunity to work with a team of exceptionally talented engineers (see our founding story), who live by the values of empathy, passion and excellence.
* You will be developing a high performance and scalable blockchain that will enable new decentralized economies through use cases like ai-data marketplaces, decentralized maps and many others.
* We are still at the early stage of blockchain or decentralized ledger technologies. If you strongly believe in this space, this is a unique opportunity to become a part of a pioneering project.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for hard-working engineers and researchers who, like us, are passionate about building a global-scale decentralized future. We’re looking for some of the following attributes in our next rockstar Database Engineer/Architect:
* MS/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in software development and database design.
* Deep understanding of the theory and implementation of database trees on real file systems.
* Deep understanding of peer-to-peer systems, concurrency control, fault-tolerance, scalability, distributed databases and experience with libp2p.
* Excellent problem solving skills, collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal abilities.
What will you work on?
As an early stage engineer you will be involved in planning and execution that helps deliver a scalable, high performance, low latency blockchain. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the ground floor of delivering something potentially revolutionary (while learning and having fun).
You will get an opportunity to:
* Drive requirements analysis and system architecture planning.
* Perform tuning, concurrency control, and load testing.
* Setup a network simulation testing infrastructure.
* Collaborate with a cross-functional team including engineering, design, community, product, and business
Some benefits at Harmony:
* Competitive Compensation + equity
* Medical, Dental, Vision
* Meals everyday
* Periodic company retreats
* Macbook Pro, Phone and other accessories included
* Gym, yoga class covered
* Ping-pong table, VR games
* 401K matchup