Software Engineer - Cloud (EMEA & APAC Timezones)
You will have the opportunity to work with a team of exceptionally talented engineers (see our founding story), who live by the values of empathy, passion and excellence.
You will be developing a high performance and scalable blockchain that will enable new decentralized economies through use cases like ai-data marketplaces, decentralized maps and many others.
We are still at the early stage of blockchain or decentralized ledger technologies. If you strongly believe in this space, this is a unique opportunity to become a part of a pioneering project.
Individuals in this role would be responsible for a variety of activities including: improving upon the current cloud infrastructure, creating immutable infrastructure as needed, building out auto-scaling capabilities, constantly evolving the architecture for cost effectiveness, enabling a zero-downtime RPC infrastructure, building out metrics dashboards and alarms, actively engaged during oncall rotations, driving root cause analysis and solving them, and fearlessly document all infrastructure runbooks to keep them up to date.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean, and/or Vultr, operating on cloud consoles
- 3+ years of command-line scripting on Ubuntu and/or CentOS Linux
- Solid understanding of dashboard metrics, error detections & log aggregations
- Good understanding of operating systems capabilities, startup scripts, network tuning, etc.
- Good understanding of Infrastructure DNS, load balancers, firewalls, reverse proxies, mounted drives, network packets, etc.
- Good understanding of cloud storage capabilities
- Good understanding of immutable infrastructure management using Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Good understanding on JSON RPC and REST API behaviors
- Good understanding of security policies, identity/role management, etc
- Basic understanding of database management
- Effective working in a remote and virtual environment
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Able and willing to attend daily standups & document weekly reports
- Adaptive working with ambiguity and continually evolving priorities
- Demonstrates strong value for diversity and ability to work in a team effectively
- Willingness to travel up to 4 times a year for conferences and team retreats
- Physically residing in Asia Pacific (APAC) or Europe, Middle-East or Africa (EMEA) regions
- Experience with managing cloud-based infrastructure using command-line interfaces
- Experience with immutable cloud infrastructure to deploy containers, perform load balancing and service worker management
- Experience with managing multiple cloud providers
Harmony Foundation supports the missions of equal opportunities. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all members of the Foundation.