What is Harmony?
Scaling Ethereum Applications and Cross-Chain Finance
How to scale Ethereum applications in 2021? Harmony is a sharding protocol with a trustless Ethereum bridge.
Our developers use Ethereum tooling such as Solidity and Ether.js. Users use Metamask to store and they use our bridge to swap Harmony and Ethereum assets. We achieve 2-second finality for fast transactions and support 1000 delegating stakers for secure shards.
A cross-chain Uniswap port is already live on our mainnet. Similar to Layer-2 protocols, Harmony is now fully interoperable with the Ethereum ecosystem.
Why work for Harmony?
* You will have the opportunity to work with a team of exceptionally talented engineers (see our founding story), who live by the values of empathy, passion and excellence.
* You will be developing a high performance and scalable blockchain that will enable new decentralized economies through use cases like ai-data marketplaces, decentralized maps and many others.
* We are still at the early stage of blockchain or decentralized ledger technologies. If you strongly believe in this space, this is a unique opportunity to become a part of a pioneering project.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for hard-working software engineers who, like us, are passionate about building a global-scale decentralized future. We’re looking for some of the following attributes in our next rockstar engineer:
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
* Fast learner with ability to take ownership from specs to production; strong understanding of back-end development.
* Demonstrate solid software engineering practices such as modular, extensible code with understanding of testing methodology and ability to write good documentation.
* Interest/experience in building scalable infrastructure or distributed systems.
* Interest/experience in Go, Rust is a plus, but not necessary.
* Passionate about decentralized ledger technologies.
* Familiarity with public cloud platforms like AWS, Google Cloud Platforms.
* Contribution to open source projects, familiar with git.
What will you work on?
As an early stage engineer you will be involved in planning and execution that helps deliver a scalable, high performance, low latency blockchain. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the ground floor of delivering something potentially revolutionary (while learning and having fun).
Some specific projects you would be involved in:
* Simulate and defend against attacks and security models on our blockchain to make it robust.
* Architect robust, scalable, secure infrastructure.
* Develop testing tools, attack simulation tools.
* Engage open-source community for development and benchmarks.
* Develop SDK for the Harmony blockchain network.
* Develop smart contract and virtual machine for Harmony blockchain
* Develop dApp and integrate with our partner application/platform
Some benefits at Harmony:
* Competitive Compensation + equity
* Medical, Dental, Vision
* Periodic company retreats
* Macbook Pro, Phone and other accessories included.
* 401K matchup