Mountain View, CA /
What is Harmony?
Built by a team featuring engineers and leaders from Google, Apple, Amazon, Stanford and Harvard, Harmony is a fast and secure blockchain with key innovations in state sharding and peer-to-peer networking. Its sharding uses secure proof-of-stake and decentralized randomness, and its networking achieves optimal crossshard routing and fast block propagation. Harmony helps businesses build marketplaces of fungible tokens (such as energy credits and loyalty points) and non-fungible assets (such as game collectibles and real estate). Harmony is applying zero-knowledge proofs for data sharing while preserving the consumer’s privacy. Common industry use cases include ad exchanges, credit ratings and many other data consortia that would otherwise take many years to form among competing companies.
Harmony had a successful IEO on Binance Launchpad on 31 May, 2019.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for some of the following attributes:
1. 3-5 year experienced frontend development experience required, full stack skills are a big bonus.
3. Experience in at least one framework like VueJS, Angular, React necessary.
4. Crypto currency/blockchain understanding or enthusiasm to learn is highly desired.
What will you work on?
Harmony Puzzle and Beyond
Our blockchain based game (puzzle.harmony.one) recently saw over 10,000 people play the game everyday! This made it the highest played Blockchain based game in the world. The first project the engineer would work on is taking the game even further into the mainstream community. We aim to reach 100,000 users by September!
Harmony aims to use the game to engage, educate the larger mainstream community about Harmony and Blockchain technology.
The engineer would be involved in feature development on the game to build features such as leaderboards, social media sharing, timed competitions, social gaming etc. We have exciting plans to build and improve the game on our partner platforms (like Contentos.io) and beyond.
The developer would also work on improving frontend tooling around blockchain, like blockchain explorer (explorer.harmony.one), monitoring of nodes, mobile and web wallet and other such tools as maybe required for engaging node runners and greater crypto community to have a view into our blockchain.
Why work for Harmony?
* You will have the opportunity to work with a team of exceptionally talented engineers (see our founding story), who live by the values of empathy, passion and excellence in one of the most exciting and highly regarded blockchain project in the world!
* We are still at the early stage of blockchain or decentralized ledger technologies. The opportunities ahead are endless. You will be developing tooling for a high performance and scalable blockchain that will enable new decentralized economies through use cases like ai-data marketplaces, decentralized maps and many others.
Some benefits at Harmony:
* Competitive Compensation
* Medical, Dental, Vision
* Meals everyday
* Periodic company retreats
* Macbook Pro, Phone and other accessories included.
* Ping-pong table, VR games
* 401K matchup