Harness is a rapidly growing startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. We are building an intelligent software delivery platform that enables engineers to deliver software faster, with higher quality, and less effort. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Efficiency, Continuous Verification, and Continuous Features. The platform is designed to help companies accelerate their cloud initiatives as well as their adoption of containers and orchestration tools like Kubernetes and Amazon ECS.
Harness recently raised $115 million in financing, reaching a valuation of $1.7 billion in just three years after launching from stealth. With a total of $195 million in financing to date, Harness investors include IVP, Menlo Ventures, Unusual Ventures, Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Citi Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Sorenson Capital, and Thomvest Ventures.
Core to empowering engineers to deploy everyday is building and facilitating a community. Harness is expanding it’s Open Source footprint and is looking for a Community Manager to join the Evangelism Team to help take our existing communities to new heights. Driving our communities to be an engaging, inclusive, and fun environment for the global community to learn and share experiences. As a Community Manager at Harness, you will be responsible for strengthening the community strategy and reach. Leveraging your favorite tools and mediums such as organizing hackathons, to facilitating discussions, to building community champions, you can help shape the community for years to come.
- Overall champion for the community and able to evangelize the community
- Continue to drive strategy to scale and grow communities
- Own community engagement across GitHub, Discourse and Slack
- Create and drive MVP program rewarding community engagement
- Participating in online conversations where you see fit such as on Reddit or StackOverflow
- Partnering with Engineering to help identify the pulse on the community around feature requests or critical issues
- Create assets for the community in the form of blog posts and videos
- Creating and running virtual/in-person events targeting the community
- Helping Harness be an industry model in how communities are run and grown
- You welcome community discussions and different points of view
- Previous experience participating and organizing a technology community
- Familiarity with running a PR and Issue process in GitHub
- Prior experience in a technical role and familiarity with the SDLC
- Not afraid to experiment and try old and new tactics building and engaging the community
- Ability to make compelling content in written/video formats for the community
- Bonus points if you have familiarity or experience with CI/CD tools
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AT HARNESS
- Competitive salary and early-stage stock options
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Remote office stipend
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.