Senior Software Engineer - Backend-SRM
R&D – Engineering - Dev & QA /
Harness is a high-growth startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
This is an amazing opportunity to be an early engineer in a high-growth, high-potential startup starting their Bangalore R&D center. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering the backend infrastructure and services of Harness platform.
As part of Harness platform, you will design and develop solutions to complex problems ranging from deployment automation models for distributed AWS Lambda & Kubernetes/Docker based software, to machine learning algorithms to analyze various data sources to detect anomalies in software behavior.
You will be working with a team of dynamic engineers who take pride in solving complex problems.
We're seeking A players to work with A players. We're a high-growth company on a once-in-a-lifetime journey to revolutionize deployment tools & continuous delivery. Be a part of it.
- A desire to build products that solve complex technical problems for end users
- 3-6 years experience developing highly scalable, distributed applications, products and services in Java or similar languages
- Experience with AWS/Azure/GCP is a plus.
- Deep understanding of how distributed resilient software is built and deployed
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Comfort in working in short, agile, iterative development cycles
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment
- B Tech degree in CS or equivalent
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AT HARNESS
- Experience building a transformative product
- End-to-end ownership of your projects
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefit
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- TGIF-Off program (10 extra days off!)
- Remote office stipend
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly Food & Beverage Reimbursement Program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.