Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco /
R&D – Engineering - Dev & QA /
Harness is a rapidly growing startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. We are building an intelligent software delivery platform that enables engineers to deliver software faster, with higher quality, and less effort. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Feature Flags and Cloud Cost Management. The platform is designed to help companies accelerate their cloud initiatives as well as their adoption of containers and orchestration tools like Kubernetes and Amazon ECS.
Harness recently raised $115 million in financing, reaching a valuation of $1.7 billion in just three years after launching from stealth. With a total of $195 million in financing to date, Harness investors include IVP, Menlo Ventures, Unusual Ventures, Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Citi Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Sorenson Capital, and Thomvest Ventures.
This is an amazing opportunity to be an engineer in a high-growth, high-potential startup and to work on redefining the Continuous Integration space powered by AI/ ML. In this role, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, developing and delivering high quality software that has a direct impact on the company's product experience. The Harness Continuous Integration team is creating a modern cloud native, developer friendly and extensible CI platform.
The CI team is an open and collaborative group of highly talented engineers who are welcoming and engaging.
- Design, develop, and maintain critical software in a fast-paced quality conscious environment
- Author software functional specifications and design documents
- Quickly understand complex systems/code and own key pieces of the system, including the delivered quality
- Design and implementation of scalable algorithms
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems in a distributed computing environment
- Perform peer reviews of specifications, designs, and code
- Work alongside Site Reliability Engineers and cross functional teams to diagnose/troubleshoot any production performance related issues
- We work in Java, Golang, and Python. Our systems are built on top of Docker, Kubenetes, MongoDB, TimescaleDB, GCP - Stackdriver, GCS, Cloud composer, AI Platform
- 5+ years of experience in Java and/ or 3+ years of experience in Go designing, developing, and debugging complex code
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- BS in CS or equivalent. Advanced degree is a plus
- Experience in as many of the following areas
- Building containerized applications (K8S/ Docker)
- Building applications in a Micro Services Architecture
- Working with Networking and Security protocols (HTTPS, SSL, Certs)
- Designing/developing REST, GRPC, and GraphQL APIs
- Using MongoDB, including indexing and query optimization
- Machine Learning, Statistics, Optimization and Data Minings
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AT HARNESS
- Experience building a transformative product
- Competitive salary and early-stage stock options
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Remote office stipend
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly Food & Beverage Reimbursement Program
HARNESS IN THE NEWS
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.