Staff Cloud Security Engineer (Remote- North America)
San Francisco /
Security & Compliance – Security & Compliance /
Harness is a high-growth startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
A Staff Security Engineer works within the Security Operations team and across the business to build and operate security tools and processes.
Using deep expertise about systems, automation, and security, a Staff Security Engineer is responsible for team leadership, operating technology, building solutions, and maintaining continuous security at scale.
As a Staff Security Engineer, you will lead efforts to extend visibility into Harness’ security posture, integrate and automate core security technologies, and drive continuous improvement across our technical estate. You’ll use your knowledge to design solutions that enable Harness’ security goals, and collaborate directly with engineering teams to Get Ship Done. You will be responsible for cross-team projects with Engineering and Product, and will sharpen new skills as we continue to grow.
In this role, you will:
- Play a primary role designing the next level of secure operations for Harness cloud and business infrastructure.
- Implement and own security tooling, including detection and alerting for malicious activity and insecure configurations.
- Leverage automation to manage and improve the security posture of Harness’ multi-cloud Kubernetes based infrastructure.
- Use the Harness platform to elevate our security infrastructure and department capabilities
- Participate in the creation, review and implementation of technical security and compliance-related engineering requirements across global Engineering teams.
- Detect, respond, and mitigate security related events and incidents.
- Consult with other Developers and Product Managers to analyze and implement security standards, methods, and architectures.
- You have at least 8 years of relevant industry experience as a systems engineer, security engineer, site reliability engineer, or similar.
- You have expert professional knowledge of enterprise applications and infrastructure.
- You have deep previous experience in a cloud-native environment (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- You want to work in a high-growth environment and build new programs from scratch.
- You care about the details, and are willing to ask questions when you’re unsure.
- You are comfortable handling the unknown, and seek to bring clarity in ambiguous situations.
- You are eager to learn, and to share your knowledge with colleagues.
- You like to automate the boring stuff.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or a related degree.
- You have hands-on experience with Cloudflare or a comparable WAF
- You have experience and exposure to a containerized environment.
- You hold relevant security or technical certifications (CISA, CEH, AWS/GCP/Azure Professional).
- You have exposure to industry regulations and compliance certifications (ISO 27001, SOC 2, FedRAMP, SOX, etc.)
- You are familiar with what’s going on under the hood of a cloud console, and can speak to best practices for configuration and management.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AT HARNESS
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- TGIF-Off program (10 extra days off!)
- Remote office stipend
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly Food & Beverage Reimbursement Program
HARNESS IN THE NEWS
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
- Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.