Lead Software Engineer - Python + AWS + Rust
harrison.ai – Software Engineering /
𝖶𝗁𝗒 join us?
💙 Do work that matters. We’re pioneering AI technologies that help raise the standard of healthcare for millions of people every day.
🌏 Well-funded and global, backed by world-class investors including Blackbird Ventures, Skip Capital and Horizon Ventures. Raised Australia’s largest Series B ($129m) in 2021.
🌟Work with a bunch of awesome, genuine people who are passionate about what they do.
💻 Flexible and remote-friendly working
🚀Make a real impact. You won’t be another ‘cog in the wheel’ here. We give full trust and autonomy for you to be heard, to work on the big hairy projects – and to make a real difference.
🌱Grow your career with us. We’re big believers in lifelong learning. You’ll be given a $1000 personal L&D budget, access to LinkedIn Learning, plus opportunities for internal mobility to fast-track your career.
🙌 Market-leading parental support including 16 weeks gender-neutral paid parental leave and $10,000 support for egg or sperm freezing.
🌈 Do your best work and have fun doing it with unlimited wellbeing leave, monthly meditations, inclusive team events, and lots more!
About your role
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person worldwide. We are achieving this by bringing AI technologies to actual clinical application and positively impacting patient care, responsibly and rapidly. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s shared by our team who shares our values - to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, at harrison.ai we’ve brought together a talented team of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans to create comprehensive, immediate and personalized products that will positively impact patient lives at scale.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will drive the development of software systems to streamline and scale AI model development at harrison.ai and our joint venture partners. Leading a small team of Software and DevOps Engineers and reporting to the Head of Software Engineering, you will be a capable problem solver who can translate the requirements of our stakeholders into well-designed technical solutions, effectively deliver those solutions as high-quality software, and foster the growth of those around you.
At harrison.ai, we take pride in pushing technical boundaries and finding solutions for often loosely defined problems. While building together you will be part of a team culture that highly values, supports and respects each other. As a team, we constantly look to improve our practices and processes, emphasising introspection, open feedback and continuous improvement.
What you'll do:
- Developing high-quality software for data pipelines, ETL pipelines, services and APIs that support AI model development and deployment at harrison.ai and its partners;
- Defining and maintaining technical project roadmaps, breaking down the work and reporting on progress;
- Managing a small number of direct reports in close collaboration with the Head of Software Engineering;
- Effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences; and
- Working effectively in cross-functional squads that include AI Engineers and Clinical experts.
- Leadership experience in the form of people management and/or technical lead capacity;
- Experience with Python, Rust and Infrastructure as code technologies such as terraform;
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, and Azure;
- Experience working with terabyte or petabyte scale datasets;
- Experience with machine learning and MLOps.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with containerised deployments and microservices architecture;
- Understanding of data privacy regulations and industry-standard guidelines such as Australian Privacy Law, CSIRO Data61 framework, HIPAA and GDPR.
What we’re about
We're problem solvers, redefining what’s possible in healthcare through AI Technology. Our mission is to raise the standard of healthcare for millions of patients every day.
Yes, we’re a technology company and yes, we’re leveraging the latest AI technologies, but people are at the heart of everything we do.
Since 2019, harrison.ai and its ventures have scaled rapidly to 250 employees worldwide with Series funding of almost $160 million. Our AI software has helped to create more lives through IVF, as well as enabling faster, more accurate diagnosis of medical images via our joint venture annalise.ai. Soon, we’ll be helping with early cancer detection in pathology though our newest joint venture, Franklin.ai.
And we’re just getting started.
A role with harrison.ai means you’ll be a part of our unique joint venture model – giving you access and opportunity to do impactful work across a range of healthcare domains.
Help us shape the future of AI in healthcare. And most importantly, help us make a real difference in people’s lives.
If you’re inspired by what we're up to, please apply now and we'll be in touch soon.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity’s not a buzzword here, it’s in our DNA. Diverse perspectives shape our culture and make our work better. That’s why we’re committed to building inclusive teams that represent a variety of backgrounds and skills. If you need any reasonable adjustments, accessibility assistance or would like to note which pronouns you use at any stage of our hiring process, just contact us at accommodations: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.