Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Deep Learning & Computer Vision
Sydney, Australia /
harrison.ai – AI Engineering /
As part of the AI Research and Deployment team, you’ll be helping make this the best place in the world to do applied AI.
𝖶𝗁𝗒 join us?
💙 Do work that matters. We’re pioneering AI technologies that help raise the standard of healthcare for millions of people every day.
🌏 Well-funded and global, backed by world-class investors including Blackbird Ventures, Skip Capital and Horizon Ventures. Raised Australia’s largest Series B ($129m) in 2021.
🌟Work with a bunch of awesome, genuine people who are passionate about what they do.
💻 Flexible and remote-friendly working
🚀Make a real impact. You won’t be another ‘cog in the wheel’ here. We give full trust and autonomy for you to be heard, to work on the big hairy projects – and to make a real difference.
🌱Grow your career with us. We’re big believers in lifelong learning. You’ll be given a $1000 personal L&D budget, access to LinkedIn Learning, plus opportunities for internal mobility to fast-track your career.
🙌 Market-leading parental support including 16 weeks gender-neutral paid parental leave and $10,000 support for egg or sperm freezing.
🌈 Do your best work and have fun doing it with unlimited wellbeing leave, monthly meditations, inclusive team events, and lots more!
About your role
As a member of our AI Engineering team, we offer you the unique opportunity to make a direct and meaningful impact on the lives of patients and their families. At harrison.ai, improving the diagnostic ability of our machine learning models directly improves patients' quality of care.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will contribute to developing Medical AI products. This work will span the entire product lifecycle from early R&D efforts to writing production code, supporting clinical evidence generation, and contributing to regulatory documentation. You will work in a cross-functional team composed of AI Engineers, Software Developers, and Clinical Experts.
Model development will involve building, refining, deploying, and evaluating vision classification and segmentation models. Importantly, this role will require you to write high-quality and well-tested code used in a production system.
What you will do:
- Develop AI algorithms, data processing pipelines, prototypes and solutions for healthcare artificial intelligence using the best practices of modern machine learning;
- Design and build advanced deep learning models and computer vision models for a variety of applications and healthcare modalities;
- Evaluate and experiment with new technologies, frameworks and tools in the machine learning development process to improve performance and efficiency;
- Write high-quality well-tested code to be used in a production environment;
- Follow agile methodology and software engineering best practices, focusing on test-driven development, rapid prototyping, documentation, validation and iteration.
Your skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated experience working in a Machine Learning Engineering role or in a Software Development role with significant focus on machine learning technologies;
- Hands-on experience in building, deploying and testing machine learning models within a product development context using software engineering best practices;
- An ability and experience to work with advanced deep learning and computer vision models in a production environment;
- Extensive Python, and PyTorch or TensorFlow skills;
- Prior experience collaborating with a variety of stakeholders in a cross-functional environment.
Nice to haves:
- Demonstrated experiences with healthcare data and solutions;
- Commercial experience with large-scale computer vision machine learning projects.
- Cloud technology and workflow experience within the context of machine learning pipelines.
What we’re about
We're problem solvers, redefining what’s possible in healthcare through AI Technology. Our mission is to raise the standard of healthcare for millions of patients every day.
Yes, we’re a technology company and yes, we’re leveraging the latest AI technologies, but people are at the heart of everything we do.
Since 2019, harrison.ai and its ventures have scaled rapidly to 250 employees worldwide with Series funding of almost $160 million. Our AI software has helped to create more lives through IVF, as well as enabling faster, more accurate diagnosis of medical images via our joint venture annalise.ai. Soon, we’ll be helping with early cancer detection in pathology though our newest joint venture, Franklin.ai.
And we’re just getting started.
A role with harrison.ai means you’ll be a part of our unique joint venture model – giving you access and opportunity to do impactful work across a range of healthcare domains.
Help us shape the future of AI in healthcare. And most importantly, help us make a real difference in people’s lives.
If you’re inspired by what we're up to, please apply now and we'll be in touch soon.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity’s not a buzzword here, it’s in our DNA. Diverse perspectives shape our culture and make our work better. That’s why we’re committed to building inclusive teams that represent a variety of backgrounds and skills. If you need any reasonable adjustments, accessibility assistance or would like to note which pronouns you use at any stage of our hiring process, just contact us at accommodations: email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.