People Operations – Admin /
Harrison Street is a leading investment management firm exclusively focused on alternative real assets. Headquartered in Chicago and London with offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia, the Firm has more than 280-employees and nearly $56 billion in assets under management. Clients of the Firm include a global institutional investor base domiciled in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Latin America.
Harrison Street is seeking to hire a Receptionist/Facilities Coordinator to join their Chicago team. This position will be responsible for a variety of day-to-day reception tasks as well as provide general administration and office support to the Office Manager. The Receptionist/Facilities Coordinator is responsible for providing excellent customer service at the front desk and ensuring the efficient functioning of the office facilities.
The ideal candidate will be well organized with phenomenal customer service skills. They must be comfortable dealing with people and able to carry out administrative and office duties with accuracy and speed. Successful candidates will possess the ability to thrive in a high energy office environment as a team player. In addition to the responsibilities listed below, other ad-hoc projects may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Generate a positive impression by welcoming visitors, responding to requests, and supporting coworkers.
- Provide information to visitors, answer inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate personnel or resources.
- Manage incoming calls to the main line and forward or take messages when appropriate.
- General housekeeping – keep common areas tidy, prepare conference rooms for meetings.
- Manage conference room calendars.
- Enter guests into the building security system.
- Provide coverage to the other receptionist as needed including; breaks, lunches, PTO and ad-hoc projects that take them away from the front desk
- Oversee the overall maintenance and appearance of the office facility by conducting regular inspections to identify and address maintenance and repair needs, coordinating with vendors and service providers as needed.
- Ensure office equipment (e.g., copiers, printers, furniture, appliances) are in good working condition and arrange for repairs or replacements when necessary.
- Schedule and supervise cleaning services to maintain a clean and orderly office environment.
- Assist in planning and executing safety and emergency evacuation procedures. Includes AED account management and certification.
- Oversee mail and courier services including;
- Assist with office moves, renovations, and reconfigurations. Includes onboarding and off-boarding of employees.
- Manage document destruction process.
- Regularly monitor, stock, order and organize pantry and supply areas. This includes pantry items, groceries, paper supplies, cleaning supplies, offices supplies, barista, etc.
- Serve as the Audio Visual (AV) Specialist for the office. This includes being trained on all equipment to become a subject matter expert in the AV needs of the office.
- Maintain photo-boards, office artwork and plants.
- Track and manage facility-related budgets and expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
o Sort and distribute incoming mail
o Handle packages and parcels
o Process outgoing mail
o Prepare certified mailings
o Maintain mail equipment
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 2+ years of reception and/or administrative experience.
- Familiarity with office management and facilities coordination is a plus.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize workload.
- Excellent typing and advanced computer skills, including competency with Microsoft XP and MS Office.
- Strong self-initiator with the ability to work independently and consistently on multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Superior interpersonal skills are necessary and must be a strong team player who is able to work with diverse personalities.
- Customer-focused with a professional and welcoming demeanor.
- Strong medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Dependent Care Account (with employer match)
- Life, accidental death and disability plans
- Commuter Reimbursement Program (with employer match)
- Employee assistance programs 401K plan with Harrison Street contribution
- 13 paid holidays
- 16-week paid parental leave
- Wellness room for nursing mothers
- Monthly cell phone bill reimbursement
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness & Charitable Contribution Programs
- Manager trainings and employee development opportunities
- Dress for your day!
Harrison Street is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact our ADA Accessible Line at (312) 920-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Harrison Street does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Harrison Street will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Harrison Street.