Business Development Manager - Real Estate Software
Calgary, AB /
Harvest Builders – Propra /
At Propra, we’re looking for ambitious individuals interested in being a part of our early-stage team. Propra is a suite of property management tools that improves efficiency, communication, and cost-savings while elevating the tenant experience.
You’ll be joining alongside a founding and supporting cast who hold significant experience at tech startups, property management firms, and management consultancies such as SkipTheDishes, McKinsey & Company, and BCG Digital Ventures.
As a Business Development Manager, you have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and make a lasting impact as an early member of the team. Your business development work will be instrumental in moving the company forward as you will be providing focus and attention to engaging and growing boutique real estate market segment.
What you'll be doing:
- Work alongside the Co-Founders, collaborating with the engineering and product team
- Focus on growing the customer base specifically of small and medium-size real estate firms (<2,500 units)
- Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage customer partnerships that can involve marketing, content, customer/merchant product and technology components
- Contribute to the assessment of technical feasibility for Propra to execute on strategic opportunities
- Evaluate the economic and strategic cost-benefit of customer and industry partnerships
- Develop best practices to foster, manage, and track opportunities
- Support the strategic objectives and interests of Propra’s business
Who we are looking for:
- Experience in business development, market analysis or management consulting in a corporate, startup or real estate environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business or proven technical acumen
- End-to-end negotiation experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful partnerships such as large scale marketing deals and strategic technology relationships.
- Minimum 3-5 years of SaaS sales and/or real estate experience is required
What will help you succeed:
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain the respect of external senior management and executives
- Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Passion for big challenges
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
Propra is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.
We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there; when you apply, our team may reach out to you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for.