Strategic Partnerships Manager
Toronto, ON /
Harvest Builders – OneVest /
OneVest is an exciting new FinTech company in the wealth management space. We believe every Canadian should have access to sophisticated wealth services at a reasonable price. We're looking for passionate go-getters to be part of this exciting endeavour, and are driven to build a brand new startup.
The ambitious founding team of this venture have previously served as founders, leaders and early employees at several pioneering startups, technology firms and banking leaders such as SkipTheDishes, Shopify, OnDeck, IHS Markit, TD Securities, BMO Capital Markets, Element AI, Kudos and Ritual.
We are looking for a full-time Strategic Partnerships Manager to join our superstar team to help us build the foundations of the company. This will be a multifaceted role where you will wear multiple hats and provide contributions across the full organization. You will be responsible for leading and supporting strategic growth initiatives, including but not limited to enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, financial product strategy, asset management initiatives and much more…
Here, you’ll get to disrupt the wealth management industry by helping build a wealth management start-up from the ground up. By participating in the employee stock ownership plan, you’re also invested in the success of its future.
What you'll be doing:
- Leading enterprise sales functions from prospecting to close
- Establishing “growth-oriented” partnerships with financial institutions, large consumer enterprises, wealth managers and innovative technology companies
- Designing and executing growth strategies
- Researching and supporting the development of financial product strategies
- Developing pitch books, financial models, marketing materials as needed
- Working closely with technology and product teams to identify product opportunity
Who we are looking for:
- 3-5 years in a combination of roles across investment banking, venture capital, private equity, corporate development, business development, and institutional sales - with a focus on fintech
- Preference will be given to candidates with hybrid experience in investment banking and business/corporate development at a high growth tech startup and/or scaleup (i.e. working in both)
- Expert financial modelling, pitch book/deck creation, memo/report writing skills - absolutely required
- Proven enterprise sales ability and track record - required
- Advanced knowledge of fintech, asset management, capital markets, private markets - required
- Experience in asset management fundraising - considered a plus
- Experience in developing growth strategies from the ground up, leading execution from an end-to-end perspective
- Rockstar communicator who can translate technical details into benefits, distill complicated messages into easy to understand value props, and persuade others with thoughtful storytelling
- A team player who collaborates well cross-functionally and can influence others without formal authority
What will help you succeed:
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with self-starter capabilities, experience leading growth initiatives and strategic projects
- Hungry and independent thinker, comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, unstructured growth environment
- Previous experience at a dynamic FinTech
- Team players who love being part of and leading an agile ecosystem
- Project owners who can engage with stakeholders
- Makers with a drive to finish, impress users, and delight customers
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there; when you apply, the People Team at Harvest may reach out to you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for.
OneVest is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.