Senior Software Developer
Calgary, AB /
Harvest Builders – One Wealth /
One Wealth is an exciting new FinTech company in the wealth management space. The industry is still dominated by the large incumbents, who overcharge and underdeliver. We believe every Canadian should have access to sophisticated wealth services at a reasonable price.
The ambitious founding team of this venture have previously served as founders, leaders and early employees at several pioneering startups, technology firms and banking leaders such as SkipTheDishes, Shopify, OnDeck, IHS Markit, TD Securities, BMO Capital Markets, Element AI, Kudos and Ritual.
We are looking for full-time Senior Developers to join our small team to help us build the foundations of the company. By participating in the employee stock ownership plan, you’re also invested in the success of its future. Here, you’ll get to own projects from inception through to deployment.
Our tech stack will be built with a Microservices approach and includes TypeScript, Node, Serverless, GraphQL, React, MongoDB, and AWS. We are always looking for, and open to using, the newest technologies to ensure we are keeping up with the market.
What you’ll be doing:
- Write complex back-end code with Typescript, Node, Apollo GraphQL, MongoDB & more
- Help build a cutting-edge micro-services architecture following best-in-industry patterns
- Provision cloud-based resources using Terraform, Docker, and “Infrastructure-as-Code”
- Lead code reviews, API design reviews, or technical reviews of product stories
- Champion practices including Unit Testing, Continuous Delivery & Dependency Injection
- Mentor and coach junior developers
Who we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years experience building developing back-end code and business logic
- Strong knowledge of our tech stack (or similar technologies); excitement to learn
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial, self-starting environment as well as working independently and in fast-paced teams
- Ability to architect and develop service-based backends: APIs, code, and data
- Some experience working with cloud-based infrastructure such as Amazon AWS (or similar)
- Knowledge of the current tech ecosystem, state of the art, trends and announcements
What will help you succeed:
- Adaptable, high-achievers energized by setting the pace in a startup environment
- FinTech or Financial Services experience preferred but not required
- Team players who loves being part of and leading an agile ecosystem
- Project owners who can engage with designers and stakeholders
- Makers with a drive to finish, impress users, and delight customers
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
One Wealth is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.
We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there; when you apply, our team may reach out to you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for.