Calgary, AB /
Harvest Builders – OneVest /
OneVest is an exciting new FinTech company in the wealth management space. We believe every Canadian should have access to sophisticated wealth services at a reasonable price. We're looking for passionate go-getters to be part of this exciting endeavour, and are driven to build a brand new startup in Calgary.
The ambitious founding team of this venture have previously served as founders, leaders and early employees at several pioneering startups, technology firms and banking leaders such as Shopify, OnDeck, IHS Markit, TD Securities, BMO Capital Markets, SkipTheDishes, Element AI, Kudos and Ritual.
We are looking for a full-time Investment Analyst to join our small team to help us build the foundations of the company. You will be responsible for supporting all areas of portfolio management including investment research, portfolio construction, trading, and client management.
Here, you’ll get to disrupt the wealth management industry by helping build a wealth management start-up from the ground up. By participating in the employee stock ownership plan, you’re also invested in the success of its future.
What you'll be doing:
- Support trading across OneVest’s discretionary SMA platform, including prospectus-based pooled funds (traditional and liquid alternatives), ETFs, and OM-based pooled funds
- Assist with due diligence and oversight of all external investment product providers/ third-party asset managers
- Contribute to the portfolio construction process, including investment research and portfolio optimization
- Regular monitoring of economic and market events and their portfolio impact
- Assist with the production of research reports and thought leadership pieces
- Assist with client relationship management
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Who we're looking for:
- A minimum 3 years of relevant experience in wealth management or investment management, preferably in a discretionary decision-making capacity
- Basic understanding of fundamental portfolio design principles and statistical methods
- Basic understanding of macroeconomics along with the various asset classes used in modern portfolio construction
- Basic understanding of Responsible Investing principles
- Associate Advising Representative (Canadian Securities Administrators) registration required
- Client-facing experience considered an asset
- Experience in a boutique/ scale-up wealth management firm considered an asset CFA Charter or progression towards CFA is required; other relevant industry courses/designations such as CAIA considered an asset
- Bachelor degree or higher in commerce, finance, economics, engineering or a related field
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required
- Full proficiency in English is required
What will help you succeed:
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with self-starter capabilities, experience leading projects
- Curious and independent thinker, comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, unstructured growth environment
- Previous experience at a dynamic FinTech
- Team players who love being part of and leading an agile ecosystem
- Project owners who can engage with stakeholders
- Makers with a drive to finish, impress users, and delight customers
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there; when you apply, the People Team at Harvest may reach out to you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for.
OneVest is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.