Sr. UX/UI Designer
Calgary, AB /
Harvest Builders – OneVest /
OneVest is an exciting new FinTech company in the wealth management space. The industry is still dominated by the large incumbents, who overcharge and underdeliver. We believe every Canadian should have access to sophisticated wealth services at a reasonable price. We're looking for passionate go-getters to be part of this exciting endeavour, and are driven to build a brand new startup in Calgary.
The ambitious founding team of this venture have previously served as founders, leaders and early employees at several pioneering startups, technology firms and banking leaders such as SkipTheDishes, Shopify, OnDeck, IHS Markit, TD Securities, BMO Capital Markets, Element AI, Kudos and Ritual.
As the first Product Designer to join our team, you will play an instrumental role in defining every aspect of the UX process and drive the design vision across our product suite.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead in the discovery and planning of new products and features
- Identify usability challenges or risks for needs we wish to solve for our users
- Ideate and rapidly develop user solutions that help our users meet their needs
- Test quickly and continuously for usability and solution value (desirability) with our users
- Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across uses cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mock-ups
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation including specifications, redlines, and style guides
Who we're looking for:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in UX, UI or product design related roles
- Strong portfolio of work that shows your research, interaction and visual skills
- Experience with standard digital design tools, including Figma, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, InVision, etc.
- Provide creative solutions consistent with industry trends, demonstrating ability to problem-solve
- Develop and communicate an understanding of users through user research
What will help you succeed:
- Previous experience at a dynamic FinTech or another fast growing startup
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with self-starter capabilities, experience leading projects
- Curious and independent thinker, comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, unstructured growth environment
- Team players who love being part of and leading an agile ecosystem
- Project owners who can engage with stakeholders
- Makers with a drive to finish, impress users, and delight customers
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
OneVest is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.
We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there; when you apply, our team may reach out to you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for.