Partnerships Associate (Trilingual: Mandarin and Cantonese)
Neo Financial – Partnerships /
At Neo, we strive to remove the friction and anxiety of everyday spending and saving by bringing together thoughtful technology, beautiful design and challenging the status quo. We’re trailblazers who believe you can live life to the fullest when you’re not worried about your financial well-being. That means chasing after your wildest dreams on top of your everyday life and not once, ever looking back.
Neo Financial is looking for a trilingual Partnerships Associate to join our team in Calgary. This individual will be supporting our Mandarin and Cantonese speaking merchants.
Our partnership team actively builds strong relationships with local and national merchants, and enhances their reward programs to better attract, engage and grow a loyal customer base. Make your mark with transformative products and technologies, alongside some of Canada’s most successful business strategists.
What you'll be doing:
- Executing Neo’s overall merchant acquisition strategy
- Contribute to the development and refinement of Neo’s merchant approach including principle development, guidelines for merchant team members
- Connecting with prospective merchants to join the Neo merchant marketplace
- Work with merchants to create exciting and lucrative offers for Neo users
- Identify and communicate merchant needs to internal stakeholders at Neo (marketing, product)
- Onboard merchants onto Neo and ensure they are set up for success
- Early stage existing merchant support/account management
- Take full ownership over the merchant lifecycle and its outcomes
- Contribute to and execute Neo’s city launch playbook
Who we're looking for:
- Must be trilingual: English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- An individual that gets a thrill out of bringing value to new people
- Min 5 years experience in business development, B2B sales, investment banking or management consulting
- Startup/entrepreneurial/elite athlete experience is an asset
- Understand how to manage a sales pipeline at each stage in the sales lifecycle
- Ownership mentality
What will help you succeed:
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
- Thought leader with a solid understanding of banking/loyalty/advertising technologies and their intersection with commerce/retail
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain the respect of senior management and external executives
- Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Passion for big challenges and a good sense of humour
- MBA from a top-tier program
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.
About applying with Neo:
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.