Senior Mobile Developer - Flutter
Calgary, AB /
Harvest Builders – OneVest /
OneVest is an exciting new FinTech company in the wealth management space. The industry is still dominated by the large incumbents, who overcharge and underdeliver. We believe every Canadian should have access to sophisticated wealth services at a reasonable price.
The ambitious founding team of this venture have previously served as founders, leaders and early employees at several pioneering startups, technology firms and banking leaders such as SkipTheDishes, Shopify, OnDeck, IHS Markit, TD Securities, BMO Capital Markets, Element AI, Kudos and Ritual.
We are looking for full-time Senior Mobile Developers to join our team to help us build the foundations of the company. By participating in the employee stock ownership plan, you’re also invested in the success of its future.
Here, you’ll get to own projects from inception through to deployment. Our backend tech stack will be built with a Microservices approach and includes TypeScript, Node, Serverless, GraphQL, React, MongoDB, and AWS.
We are excited to be using the newest technologies to ensure we are keeping up with the market, hence our mobile app will be built on Flutter.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design & implement new app modules based on the product requirements using Flutter framework
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Integrate user-interfaces elements developed by other developers
- Build user interfaces designed by UI/UX designers
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Integrate various APIs from third parties
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Lead code reviews, API design reviews, or technical reviews of product stories
- Mentor and coach junior developers
Who we’re looking for:
- At least 4 years experience building developing mobile applications
- Strong knowledge of Dart and Flutter; excitement to learn
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial, self-starting environment as well as working independently and in fast-paced teams
- Ability to architect and develop mobile applications
- Some experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Knowledge of the current tech ecosystem, state of the art, trends and announcements
What will help you succeed:
- Adaptable, high-achievers energized by setting the pace in a startup environment
- FinTech or Financial Services experience preferred but not required
- Team players who loves being part of and leading an agile ecosystem
- Project owners who can engage with designers and stakeholders
- Makers with a drive to finish, impress users, and delight customers
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
OneVest is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.
We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there; when you apply, our team may reach out to you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for.