Jr. Data Analyst
Featured Hatch Accounts – JDSAT /
Hybrid - Remote/In-Office /
Thank you for your interest in joining the JDSAT team. Hatch IT is facilitating the recruitment process, so please continue your application here for the Jr. Data Analyst! All openings are full-time with JDSAT
Who is JDSAT? We’re not a data solutions firm. We’re a boutique technology company that excels in developing solutions, identifying risks, and creating opportunities for our customers.
We’re an advanced analytics services company that is currently engaged with both federal and private sector clients. We build our products the same way we built our company—with people in mind. All our employees are committed to maintaining and continuing to build a culture of inclusivity, positivity, and growth.
About the Role:
The qualified candidate will be a balanced professional who is trained and experienced in defining business
requirements, analyzing business processes, and communicating technical ideas to non-technical audiences
while also being proficient in the areas of data analysis, data visualization, and business analytics. The qualified
candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of work experience. The ideal candidate will display superb
balance of technical and consulting skills, including the ability to frame and solve problems, identify and understand requirements, develop solutions, communicate to decision-makers and team members, and adapt to a fast-paced professional environment. This position requires a SECRET clearance or demonstrated ability to obtain such clearance.
About the Company
JDSAT is a solutions company before anything else, and they believe that data, mathematics, and software are the most effective paths to finding a solution tailored to the organization’s needs.
Candidates must be able to obtain a secret-level clearance and be able to be on-site 2-3 times per week
- Work with clients, managers, and technical staff to understand business needs and develop project plans to deliver needed results.
- Analyze processes, policies, and systems to identify requirements, gaps, and opportunities for improvement.
- Relate to team members, client personnel, and decision-makers to help build a common understanding of requirements and support for potential solutions.
- Prepare professional products, reports, and papers to support team activities, including helping teams develop the stories and messages needed to distill complex information into actionable plans.
- Extract and transform data from existing relational database management systems.
- Conduct exploratory analysis and data visualization to support project needs.
- Support development and implementation of proofs of concept to aid in making technology choices and validate model assumptions.
- Provide technical and non-technical communication support to project staff
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related preferred) and minimum 1-3 years applied work in relevant field as described above.
- Experience gathering and analyzing business requirements (processes, systems, policies, information management tools, etc).
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience preparing visualizations and dashboards in Qlik, Tableau or similar tools.
- Experience with data analysis software such as R, Python, or similar.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Ability to assist in analyzing complex systems and processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess or be able to obtain an active Secret-level security clearance
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with the Department of Defense, federal government consulting, and/or healthcare analytics.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and tools (e.g. JIRA).
- Familiar with a variety of databases, including MySQL, T-SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with SAS.
- Experience applying Robotic Process Automation to 2 recurring analytics activities.
- Demonstrated success balancing technical and non-technical functions in a prior consultative role.
$70,000 - $110,000 a year
Don't think you're 100% qualified for this position? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At hatch I.T., we're dedicated to helping companies build diverse, inclusive and authentic workplaces, so if your experience doesn't perfectly align with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.