Business Operations & Strategy Manager
Flexible in office
Haul is building a labor marketplace that provides trucking companies in the US with a pool of vetted, on-demand truck drivers to operate their trucks.
Founded by Uber alumni and venture backed, Haul is looking to rethink the employment model of 3.5 million trucker drivers and support a $800 billion trucking industry in the United States.
Haul maintains office hubs in the Bay Area and Denver, CO.
As a Business Ops & Strategy Manager at Haul, you will be at the core of making Haul an effective and efficient execution machine. Our company is lucky to have world class talent. Your work will be to build the systems that amplify their strengths and ensure that we are all working together seamlessly and drawing the best out of each other. In other words, the Biz Ops & Strat role will lead to sharp increases in the productivity and impact of Haul.
Your fundamental responsibilities will revolve around strategy, coordination, and communications. Additionally, you will often be asked to lead key projects that are important to the CEO, COO and broader leadership team.
• Driving the company level OKR process
• Working with the CEO and COO on company-wide communications and initiatives
• Managing standing leadership, all hands, and other meetings
• Leading high impact, cross-functional projects that are critical to Haul as a business
• Coordinating strategy updates
• Assisting the leadership team with preparation of board meeting materials and topics
• Cultivating and embracing an "all hands on deck" culture
Who will you work with?
As Biz Ops & Strat lead, you will have a wide remit and regularly work with members of the Haul leadership team, their direct reports, and other key stakeholders across the company. You will truly be a leader and have a meaningful impact on Haul’s success.
Your closest relationships will be with the CEO, to whom you will directly report, and with the CTO. Collectively you will shoulder many of the responsibilities outlined above.
Who are you?
You are an energetic, highly personable, detailed-obsessed professional who thrives on delivering meaningful results. Your success to date has been grounded in your development of reliable systems to support your ambitious goals. You are a good listener and diplomatic, and many people in your personal and professional circles come to you as a confidante. You are eager to join a high growth startup to transform trucking from the inside out.
Must have skills and experiences include:
• MBA degree
• 4+ years operating/strategy experience in 2+ companies with demonstrated upward mobility
• Mastery in leading cross-functional projects and managing senior stakeholders
• First rate verbal and written communication skills
• Natural facility with data analysis to test hypotheses and measure results
• Ability to seamlessly manage multiple, complex processes and work streams simultaneously
• Excellent, independent time management and prioritization
Benefits & Perks
• Stock options and competitive compensation package
• Paid vacation & sick time
• Paid annual holidays
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Employer-sponsored 401k
• Haul supports a "hybrid" office model where team members work in the company's offices for at least three days per week and elsewhere for the rest of the week