People, Culture & Remote /
Haul is building a labor marketplace that provides trucking companies in the US with a pool of vetted, on-demand truck drivers to operate their trucks.
Founded by Uber alumni and venture backed, Haul is looking to rethink the employment model of 3.5 million trucker drivers and support a $800 billion trucking industry in the United States.
Haul maintains office hubs in the Bay Area and Denver, CO.
The Recruiter at Haul will own the full recruitment life cycle for multiple teams from active outreach to closing, and everything in between. This position will work closely with hiring managers and department heads as we scale our team.
Reporting to the CEO, CTO, and Head of Ops, the Recruiter will be responsible for constantly bringing top-tier candidates through our pipeline on a number of roles.
- Build a diverse pipeline of candidates for roles within the Operations, Product, Engineering, and Finance departments.
- Manage the entire recruitment process from start to finish, including, but not limited to: Managing inbound applications, referrals, and sourcing of passive talent using creative sourcing methods; building and maintaining interview paths & feedback in our ATS, reviewing resumes, and pre-screening technical candidates.
- Communicate with candidates and hiring managers regarding either next steps or rejections.
- Collaborate with Haul hiring managers and their teams to deeply understand their hiring needs and actively translate these collaborations into a positive interviewer and candidate experience.
- Understand how business goals impact the full hiring landscape, anticipate how organizational changes may impact hiring needs, and adjust strategy accordingly.
- Create and post job openings on desired posting platforms. Report progress and recruiting analytics.
- Create, maintain, and update all technical recruiting SOPs
- Identify process improvement areas and solutions, share and encourage best practices with the People Operations team as well as HR.
- Closely partner with HR to ensure a smooth onboarding process, and assist with ad-hoc tasks for the People Team.
- Conduct background screenings and reference checks, and create and send all offer letters to chosen candidates.
Qualifications and Skills
- 4+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience; past tenure at a hyper-growth startup is a plus.
- A commitment to and track record of delivering high-touch, outstanding service to internal and external candidates and employees.
- Passion for diversity and inclusion, and experience working with aspirational top-of-funnel goals to increase the diversity of our pipeline. Interest in developing processes and initiatives that improve recruiting and retention at Haul.
- Openness to jumping in wherever there’s a need — including helping with non-technical roles and even non-recruiting priorities as needed or general process or operational projects with the rest of the talent team.
- A creative approach to finding the best talent. Sourcing is a major part of our hiring strategy, so you should be confident in your abilities to seek out, engage, and nurture relationships with a diverse group of top talent.
- A deep understanding of technology, engineering vernacular, tech stacks, and the broad tech industry.
- Experience with new hire contracts and salary negotiations.
Benefits & Perks
📈 Stock options and competitive compensation package
🏝 Flexible personal time off
🩺 Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
🏦 Employer-sponsored 401k
Haul supports a "hybrid" office model where team members work in the company's offices for at least three days per week and elsewhere for the rest of the week.
For an all-remote position, we're putting a lot of thoughts on building an all-inclusive remote environment. Prioritizing documentation over verbal communication, asynchronous vs. in person.
You made it to the bottom!
The bottom line is we're a small team and we're onto something here. Send us a note and learn more!
Tim & Toan