Head of Central Operations
Central Operations /
Flexible in office
Haul is building a labor marketplace that provides trucking companies in the US with a pool of vetted, on-demand truck drivers to operate their trucks.
Founded by Uber alumni and venture backed, Haul is looking to rethink the employment model of 3.5 million trucker drivers and support a $800 billion trucking industry in the United States.
Haul maintains office hubs in the Bay Area and Denver, CO.
About the Role:
This role will be based out of Denver, however, we are considering Remote candidates as well. We’re looking for a Head with a bias toward action to join and lead the Central Operations team. This team is tasked with understanding the day-to-day operations of Haul, inside and out, across all lines of the P&L. This team works to design, implement and manage key processes that support day-to-day driver operational activities, identifying trends and mapping out strategies and bringing them to life. We pilot key initiatives and work cross-functionally to develop solutions that achieve our goals.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in operations, logistics or management consulting. Ideally in the transportation or last-mile space with experience in workforce optimization, process development, and vendor management.
This team closely supports our Market Operations Team who are responsible for the day-to-day fleet and drivers operations at Haul, and will also work closely with Finance, Product, and other business-oriented departments in the company. This role reports to the CEO and CTO. In your work, you will uphold our values and amplify the success of our business and products through Operations.
- Lead, scale and manage a key operations group with several managers and senior manager-level direct reports.
- Own the strategic development, standardization, and implementation of key business processes in the areas of supply acquisition, driver activation, credentialing & compliance, billing, payroll, and HR.
- Collaborate and lead cross-functionally to develop broader organizational processes, data and reporting tools, and technology development.
- 10+ years of experience in operations, logistics, strategy, consulting or analytics or related experience; high-growth start-up experience a plus
- 5+ years of people management experience, with direct reports including managers and senior managers
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- P&L management experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with a major or emphasis in engineering or business discipline; MBA or related advanced degree preferred
Benefits & Perks
📈 Stock options and competitive compensation package
🏝 Flexible personal time off
🩺 Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
🏦 Employer-sponsored 401k
Haul supports a "hybrid" office model where team members work in the company's offices for at least three days per week and elsewhere for the rest of the week.
For an all-remote position, we're putting a lot of thoughts on building an all-inclusive remote environment. Prioritizing documentation over verbal communication, asynchronous vs. in person.
You made it to the bottom!
The bottom line is we're a small team and we're onto something here. Send us a note and learn more!
Tim & Toan