Product Operations Manager
Engineering & Product /
Flexible in office
Haul is building a labor marketplace that provides trucking companies in the US with a pool of vetted, on-demand truck drivers to operate their trucks.
Founded by Uber alumni and venture backed, Haul is looking to rethink the employment model of 3.5 million trucker drivers and support a $800 billion trucking industry in the United States.
Haul maintains office hubs in the Bay Area and Denver, CO.
The Product Operations team at Haul sits at a critical point in between our product teams and field operators. This is a highly cross-functional role with a goal of building the right product and creating efficiency through standardization.
As our first Product Operations Manager, you will own the process of identifying the highest leverage product solutions for your product area, operationalize product testing/launch/iteration, own a program of collecting, aggregating, and summarizing field operator product needs and feedback, and build processes that optimize operations workflows / standardize best practices. Along the way, you’ll contribute to a culture of creating company-wide visibility into product, building easily-discoverable internal resources, and strengthening the partnership between tech and operations.
What we are looking for:
What you'll do
- Collect, quantify, and prioritize product-related gaps and challenges to be considered by product for development.
- Empathize, quantify, and amplify the issues field operators face and be able to articulate the challenges of using products
- Develop processes and tools on prioritizing product rollouts, running product tests, operationalizing launches, and measuring impact and adoption
- Build a community of operators within the company to create tight feedback loops for your product area, surface issues quickly, collect feedback, and get them excited for what your team is building
- Identify and optimize the right combination of processes, resources, and configurations for hundreds of micro-fulfillment centers and handoff points to create the best standard practices for the company
- Train both site leadership, operations associates, and HQ counterparts on new processes, logic, and upcoming product enhancements
- 2+ years working in product operations, product management, or another operational role that worked closely with product teams
- You’re highly comfortable working cross-functionally with teams ranging from tech, product, operations, and data analytics
- You are capable of balancing multiple competing priorities, building strategies that maximizes both short and long-term value given resource constraints
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to abstract complex topics for various levels of stakeholders ranging from operations associate to executive level
- You have a passion for diving deep into the data and analyzing both hard numbers and qualitative feedback to drive the highest-impact results
- You are detail-oriented with a proven track record of managing projects and programs end-to-end
Nice to have
- Experience with SQL that includes building reports/dashboards, identifying trends, quantifying adoption
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with technologies
Benefits & Perks
📈 Stock options and competitive compensation package
🏝 Flexible personal time off
🩺 Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
🏦 Employer-sponsored 401k
Haul supports a "hybrid" office model where team members work in the company's offices for at least three days per week and elsewhere for the rest of the week.
For an all-remote position, we're putting a lot of thoughts on building an all-inclusive remote environment. Prioritizing documentation over verbal communication, asynchronous vs. in person.
You made it to the bottom!
The bottom line is we're a small team and we're onto something here. Send us a note and learn more!
Tim & Toan