Lead Product Designer
Engineering & Product /
Haul is building a labor marketplace that provides trucking companies in the US with a pool of vetted, on-demand truck drivers to operate their trucks.
Founded by Uber alumni and venture backed, Haul is looking to rethink the employment model of 3.5 million trucker drivers and support a $800 billion trucking industry in the United States.
Haul maintains office hubs in the Bay Area and Denver, CO.
Haul is looking to hire our first designer on the team.
You'll get to
- Collaborate and align closely with other product, and engineering team members to drive all stages of the product design lifecycle, from research and ideation, to high-fidelity finished products and everything in between
- Working closely with the co-founders to align vision, understand strategic roadmap to better shape your design decision
- Help craft and evolve our visual design language to continuously synchronize UI/UX with the highly dynamic tastes and preferences of our primary demographics - high school and college students
- Provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Work within and lead from positions of ambiguity
- 5+ years experience working on a large scale, multi-modal consumer product (web, mobile, tablet)
- Experience with industry standard design tools; Figma, Sketch, InVision, Framer, Mural, Keynote
- Experience articulating, negotiating, and refining designs with cross functional teams
- Compelling portfolio demonstrating strong visual skills as well as deep UX intuition
- Familiarity with orchestrating, conducting, and analyzing user research
- Familiarity with funnel metrics, key KPIs and their usage in data-informed design
- Outstanding organization, prioritization and documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills; able to drive initiatives with clarity and buy-in from team members
- Passionate about building incredible consumer & B2B products
- Highly adaptable and have a flexible mindset supported by strong fundamental design skills and intuition
- Comfortable with ambiguity: if you don’t have all the details, you’re comfortable moving forward and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivate you to evolve and innovate.
- Goal oriented: you combine vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome and are comfortable setting stretch goals for you and your team.
- A mix of hands-on collaborative leadership ability, analytical / problem-solving skills, entrepreneurial can-do spirit, and grit.
Benefits & Perks
📈 Stock options and competitive compensation package
🏝 Flexible personal time off
🩺 Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
🏦 Employer-sponsored 401k
Haul supports a "hybrid" office model where team members work in the company's offices for at least three days per week and elsewhere for the rest of the week.
For an all-remote position, we're putting a lot of thoughts on building an all-inclusive remote environment. Prioritizing documentation over verbal communication, asynchronous vs. in person.
You made it to the bottom!
The bottom line is we're a small team and we're onto something here. Send us a note and learn more!
Tim & Toan