Houston, TX /
Market Operations /
Haul is building a labor marketplace that provides trucking companies in the US with a pool of vetted, on-demand truck drivers to operate their trucks.
Founded by Uber alumni and venture backed, Haul is looking to rethink the employment model of 3.5 million trucker drivers and support a $800 billion trucking industry in the United States.
Haul maintains office hubs in the Bay Area and Denver, CO.
We’re looking for an experienced market manager / general manager to grow markets while meeting healthy market KPIs around supply and demand density and quality, as well as fleet and driver experience. In this role, you’ll wear both IC and manager hats as you own your own accounts, set up SOPs and workflows, and lead a team of other account managers.
Your day will include customer-facing activities such as onboarding new fleets, continuous education with fleet managers on how to use our technology, and adding new orders to accounts. Overall, we’re looking to meet and exceed our customer expectations around job fill and on-assignment communication with our drivers.
Behind the scenes, you’ll be working with stakeholders in multiple teams to make sure that we are pulling the right levers to create steady market growth and improve our match rate. You’ll also keep an eye on margins and share insights around what we can do to improve in individual markets.
- Monitor and report on market health metrics, delivering insights to other stakeholders on how we can boost the market growth and/or margins
- Own assignment growth, including adding new orders to the platform, and making sure that existing orders are meeting a minimum fill rate, request rate, and time to fill
- Handle escalations for placing drivers on assignments
- Manage other Market Ops associates
- Develop fleet feedback loops - regular reports on why certain orders are more or less likely to fill, along with suggestions for hitting targets
- Own fleet experience upgrades - deep dive into experience gaps today and set up new workflows or automation to make sure that we are consistently delivering a high service level
- Startup experience in market management (2-5 years) with a strong track record of managing high volume markets
- Strong data chops - you lead with data, are able to summarize insights for other teams, and put together proactive plans to hit targets
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- You love a challenge and are able to look at an interesting problem and come up with multiple approaches to addressing it
- Experience in working for a startup (preferred)
- Experience in the trucking or mobility industry (preferred)
Benefits & Perks
📈 Stock options and competitive compensation package
🏝 Flexible personal time off
🩺 Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
🏦 Employer-sponsored 401k
Haul supports a "hybrid" office model where team members work in the company's offices for at least three days per week and elsewhere for the rest of the week.
For an all-remote position, we're putting a lot of thoughts on building an all-inclusive remote environment. Prioritizing documentation over verbal communication, asynchronous vs. in person.
You made it to the bottom!
The bottom line is we're a small team and we're onto something here. Send us a note and learn more!
Tim & Toan