Head of Credentialing
Flexible in office
Haul is building a labor marketplace that provides trucking companies in the US with a pool of vetted, on-demand truck drivers to operate their trucks.
Founded by Uber alumni and venture backed, Haul is looking to rethink the employment model of 3.5 million trucker drivers and support a $800 billion trucking industry in the United States.
Haul maintains office hubs in the Bay Area and Denver, CO.
The Head of Credentialing is responsible for managing and supervising the Compliance Team and ensuring all Haul Drivers are 100% compliant while on assignment. This role will perform required responsibilities while also demonstrating Haul’s core values.
• Implement, maintain, and improve policies and procedures for the day-to-day operation of the compliance collection process
• Identifies potential areas of compliance risk; develops and implements corrective action plans for resolution of issues
• Collaborate with other teams for oversight on daily compliance operations with the compliance team
• Investigate, document, evaluate, resolve, and report on all compliance deficiencies; and escalate as needed and appropriate
• Provide appropriate feedback corrective action to other teams regarding compliance deficiencies
• Determine workability of drivers and consult with Market Ops on all compliance exceptions
• Oversee all compliance reports
• Manage/Oversee fleet audits of drivers
• Collaborate with QA/Risk to maintain compliance with DOT and FMCSA standards
• Oversee and coordinate all training and onboarding activities of the Compliance Team
• Hold staff meetings and conduct one on ones with compliance team as necessary to maintain consistency and monitor progress
• Provide refresher compliance training to compliance team as necessary
• Help to create an environment of high morale, motivation, and teamwork
Who are you?
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in a transportation and logistics industry
• Experience in compliance, quality assurance and risk management
• Experience in hiring, training and managing a team of 10+ credentialing specialists
• Must have a working knowledge of software systems, including Google Workplace products
• Knowledge of proper grammar, spelling and rules of composition
• Ability to work independently and with other team members
• Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
• Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
• Must successfully complete onboarding training/tutorials and attend future webcasts/trainings as required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
•Certified in Process Improvement (e.g., Six Sigma) preferred
Benefits & Perks
• Stock options and competitive compensation package
• Paid vacation & sick time
• Paid annual holidays
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Employer-sponsored 401k
• Haul supports a "hybrid" office model where team members work in the company's offices for at least three days per week and elsewhere for the rest of the week