Engineering & Product /
Haul is building a labor marketplace that provides trucking companies in the US with a pool of vetted, on-demand truck drivers to operate their trucks.
Founded by Uber alumni and venture backed, Haul is looking to rethink the employment model of 3.5 million trucker drivers and support a $800 billion trucking industry in the United States.
Haul maintains office hubs in the Bay Area and Denver, CO.
Haul is seeking for our first Engineering Manager with a passion for building high performing, diverse engineering teams.
This is a leadership position that will work closely with our CTO, product, and engineering teams to develop the product and bring our vision of building a new asset class around culture.
You will have the opportunity to be part of the founding engineering team, help define, shape and build our engineering culture and excellence for the future.
- Leadership: playing a key role in engineering and product strategy, priorities, and culture.
- Culture & Management: Build on our unique engineering culture and oversee team members, providing coaching, development, and guidance.
- Recruitment: Grow our engineering team, developing a best-in-class hiring process that attracts highly talented, diverse engineers.
- Engineering process: Work with the team to set our engineering velocity and culture, ensuring both speed and quality.
- Product: Partner with our product team on technical vision and developing product features.
- Code: Roll up your sleeves and jump into the code base to provide guidance, support, and an extra pair of hands.
- Passionate about cultivating a team: You have experience managing teams of 5+ (and extra points for managing managers) and care about creating a thoughtful engineering culture.
- Experienced in hiring top talent: You are passionate about building diverse, highly performing teams with a range of backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives.
- Strategic and collaborative: You enjoy contributing to company strategy and acting as a thought partner to colleagues across product, legal, marketing etc.
- A strong technical contributor: While you may spend significant time on management, you enjoy keeping your hand in and know enough to be able to coach team members and pinch hit where needed. You ideally have experience with React and NodeJs and not scared of monolithic architecture.
- An excellent communicator: You are adept at collaborating with both technical and non-technical team members, and have a strong appreciation for documentation.
- Not your first startup rodeo: You have worked in dynamic, fast-paced environments where everything is “the first time this has been done.” You are not afraid to roll your sleeves up where needed.
Benefits & Perks
📈 Stock options and competitive compensation package
🏝 Flexible personal time off
🩺 Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
🏦 Employer-sponsored 401k
Haul supports a "hybrid" office model where team members work in the company's offices for at least three days per week and elsewhere for the rest of the week.
For an all-remote position, we're putting a lot of thoughts on building an all-inclusive remote environment. Prioritizing documentation over verbal communication, asynchronous vs. in person.
You made it to the bottom!
The bottom line is we're a small team and we're onto something here. Send us a note and learn more!
Tim & Toan