Engineering & Product /
Haul is a digital hiring platform that connects certified and vetted commercial truck drivers with trucking companies in a flexible and efficient manner. Haul provides drivers the freedom to choose assignments based on type, length, and schedule, while offering visibility to pay and immediate access to earned wages.
Simultaneously, Haul meets the needs of third-party logistics, private fleets, and trucking companies to provide drivers in a way that best meets their business needs, from temporary flex workers to full-time hires. Created by Uber Freight alumni, Haul is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and Denver.
Haul is looking for an Engineering Manager with a passion for building high-performing, diverse engineering teams.
This is a leadership position that will work closely with our CTO, product, and engineering teams to develop the product and bring our vision of building a new asset class around culture.
You will have the opportunity to be part of the founding engineering team, help define, shape, and build our engineering culture and excellence for the future.
- Leadership: playing a key role in engineering and product strategy, priorities, and culture.
- Culture & Management: Build on our unique engineering culture and oversee team members, providing coaching, development, and guidance.
- Recruitment: Grow our engineering team, developing a best-in-class hiring process that attracts highly talented, diverse engineers.
- Engineering process: Work with the team to set our engineering velocity and culture, ensuring both speed and quality.
- Product: Partner with our product team on technical vision and developing product features.
- Code: Roll up your sleeves and jump into the codebase to provide guidance, support, and an extra pair of hands.
- Passionate about cultivating a team: You have experience managing teams of 5+ (and extra points for managing managers) and care about creating a thoughtful engineering culture.
- Experienced in hiring top talent: You are passionate about building diverse, high-performing teams with a range of backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives.
- Strategic and collaborative: You enjoy contributing to company strategy and acting as a thought partner to colleagues across product, legal, marketing, etc.
- A strong technical contributor: While you may spend significant time on management, you enjoy keeping your hand in and know enough to be able to coach team members and pinch-hit where needed. You ideally have experience with React and NodeJs and are not scared of monolithic architecture.
- An excellent communicator: You are adept at collaborating with both technical and non-technical team members, and have a strong appreciation for documentation.
- Not your first startup rodeo: You have worked in dynamic, fast-paced environments where everything is “the first time this has been done.” You are not afraid to roll your sleeves up where needed.
Benefits & Perks
📈 Stock options and competitive compensation package
🏝 Flexible personal time off
🩺 Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
🏦 Employer-sponsored 401k
For an all-remote position in the rest of the United States, we're putting a lot of thought into building an all-inclusive remote environment. Prioritizing documentation over verbal communication, asynchronous vs. in person.