Data Platform Engineer [Senior+]
Mountain View, CA
Haus is a first of its kind decision science platform for the new digital privacy paradigm where data sharing and PII is restricted. Haus uses frontier causal inference based econometric models to run experiments and help brands understand how the actions they take in marketing, pricing and promotions impact the bottom line. Our team is comprised of former product managers, economists and engineers from Google, Netflix, Amazon and Meta who saw how costly it is to support high-quality decision science tooling and incrementality testing. Our mission is to make this technology available to all businesses, where all the heavy lifting of experiment design, data cleaning, and analysis/insights are taken care of for you. Haus is working with well known brands like FanDuel, Sonos, and Hims & Hers, and has seen more than 30x ROI by running experiments and helping brands make more profitable decisions. We are backed by top VCs like Insight Partners, Baseline Ventures, and Haystack.
What you'll do
This is a unique opportunity to help us build a robust and scalable foundation for data onboarding, from automated data ingestion pipelines to ad platform ingestion. You will be working on the systems that power the Haus product and are at the heart of what we do. You will be helping customers get the most out of their first party data. You will own onboarding and analysis pipelines that will ingest customer data and deliver model results at a large scale for a fast growing number of enterprise customers. You will be the foremost contributor providing data operations leadership to translate model outputs into value for our customers and helping to build a growing data organization.
The ideal candidate is somebody who is both a great software engineer and an excellent communicator, who has the desire to work with customers and enjoy improving existing solutions as well as designing tailored solutions for customers. Please apply if you want to work with customers, provide real value, learn new things, and have a wide breadth of responsibility.
- Build efficient solutions on top of Google Cloud Platform using Python and other languages as appropriate.
- You will own the onboarding processes and help customers connect their data to the platform and execute next steps for experiment execution.
- You will work directly with customers to understand their needs and propose solutions.
- You will partner with science and engineering leaders to find opportunities in customer problems to reduce friction and increase customer satisfaction.
- Automate onboarding to allow scaling the onboarding process.
- Explore new onboarding solutions and opportunities.
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience building and deploying products that rely on large-scale distributed systems in Python or Go, Scala/Java, or other similar languages: it makes you uncomfortable deploying something for end-users without thinking about things like performance metrics, monitors and dashboards, graceful degradation and feature flags.
- Third party integrations - API are your bread and butter.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud, AWS, etc).
- Experience working with SQL databases.
- Earlier stage startup experience.
- Experience with build systems and infrastructure management tooling like Terraform.
- Experience with data warehouses: Snowflake, BigQuery, RedShift.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and early startup equity
- Top of the line health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Provide you with the tools and resources you need to be productive (new laptop, equipment, you name it)
- Small team with big impact on the overall output
$150,000 - $225,000 a year
The salary range for this position is expected to be $150,000 - $225,000. Salary ranges are determined by role and level, and within the range individual pay is determined by additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in this job posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity or benefits.
Haus is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.