VP of Finance
San Francisco, CA
Haven is the SaaS-based technology company that thoughtfully advances global trade.
Global trade has grown beyond human scale. Increasingly complex routes and higher stakes demand more efficient systems. Haven believes open collaboration and access to information are key to enabling faster, smarter, and more reliable freight shipping. That’s why we build powerful technologies to foster improved communication between companies, decrease trade roadblocks, and mitigate the inherent risks in global trade. Haven is built for companies that ship large volumes of cargo in need of a powerful, easy-to-use tool that allows them to negotiate, ship, and track across thousands of providers and destinations through a single unified platform.
VP of Finance
Help us tell a fresh story in one of the world’s oldest and largest industries. As Haven’s first full-time Finance hire, you’ll be responsible for all levels of financial reporting and strategy. This is a rare opportunity to work at a small company where your background will have an immediate impact.
• Establish and maintain appropriate accounting controls and manage monthly financial statement close.
• Produce timely and accurate financial and regulatory reports.
• Work with Company CEO and department heads to develop annual budgets including projected revenues, expenses, and cash flows; drive variance reporting on a timely basis
• Lead financial modeling of Company’s business plan and new business opportunities.
• As the Company scales, recruit and hire finance/accounting team members with appropriate technical and communication skills to achieve Company and department objectives.
• Participate in the development/enhancement of compensation practices, including sales commission plans, and group benefit plans; administer the accounting of such plans
• Work with Company’s legal counsel on financing and other matters.
• Support the preparation of income tax and other tax filing requirements and serve as the primary liaison with external accountants.
• Develop periodic reports for the Company’s Board of Directors and Investors.
• Implement/manage systems to track shareholder records, including stock option activity
• Support equity/debt fund raising processes and relationships with the Company’s investors and banks.
• You have 2+ years of experience in the audit department of a leading public accounting firm.
• You have 5+ years of experience as a controller/finance executive for a high-growth/high transaction volume company.
• You have worked with Quickbooks, bill.com, Expensify and other leading workflow tools
• You have worked with companies that offer enterprise software, SaaS, eCommerce, marketplace or payment processing services.
• Must understand complex business models and strategy
• You know how to manage the finance/accounting activities of a high growth dynamic business.
• You work cross functionally with executives and department heads to understand complex business needs and requirements.
• Your experience includes working with technical teams to implement and automate back office accounting systems.
• You are experienced in building, mentoring, motivating and leading high performance teams and attracting and retaining top talent.
• Ability to effectively tap into the strengths, and compensate for the areas of development, of individuals in each of the finance roles.
• You have a degree in finance or accounting; CPA preferred