Director of Engineering
San Francisco, CA
Haven is the SaaS-based technology company that thoughtfully advances global trade.
Global trade has grown beyond human scale. Increasingly complex routes and higher stakes demand more efficient systems. Haven believes open collaboration and access to information are key to enabling faster, smarter, and more reliable freight shipping. That’s why we build powerful technologies to foster improved communication between companies, decrease trade roadblocks, and mitigate the inherent risks in global trade. Haven is built for companies that ship large volumes of cargo in need of a powerful, easy-to-use tool that allows them to negotiate, ship, and track across thousands of providers and destinations through a single unified platform.
Director of Engineering
Reporting to the CEO, our Director of Engineering will lead Haven to its full potential. Our strategic and hands-on leader will build a team of elite engineers creating compelling and user-friendly products that innovates the global industry that moves 90% of all physical goods in the world.
You will be a strong, independent and team-oriented leader that is passionate about solving big problems with simple solutions, mentoring and developing exceptional team members, driving engineering excellence and building a great company!
Responsibilities include the following areas:
• Actively inspire and develop technical and leadership talent through effective mentoring, coaching, and creating growth opportunities and retention strategies
• Effectively prioritize and communicate status updates to appropriate audiences
• Work closely with talent acquisition to develop and execute an effective interviewing framework that ensures top quality hires. (e.g. interviewing techniques, questions, pitch, evaluation, feedback and decision-making)
• Teach others how to conduct design, code, and performance reviews and effectively provide feedback
• Contribute to our current code base
• Provide technical guidance and mentorship to projects and team members
• Drive and deliver innovative solutions and products
• Manage design and architectural decisions so that the most effective and successful choices are made and aligned to our company goals
• Research and bring technology advancements and software development best practices into the organization as appropriate
• Proven track record of delivering products on schedule with high quality
• Have passion and a natural propensity to coach and mentor others of varying levels and roles
• Proven leadership skills. Successfully grown and managed a team of world-class engineers
• Strong education in engineering. Undergrad required. Relevant graduate degrees desirable
• Experience with Node.js and Angular is a plus
• Strong desire to be both hands-on and strategic and know how to trade-off and balance