Front-End Software Engineer
About the company
Hazel Analytics pairs the largest food safety inspection database with powerful analytics tools and solutions for Fortune 500s and leading organizations in the restaurant, financial services, government, and education industries. Our Food Safety Insights (FSI) and other analytics products transform diffuse and disparate local health department data into actionable intelligence using our proprietary Hazel Score methodology.
Of the top 100 food retail chains by size, 45 are users of Hazel Analytics technology; our customers include notable national and global brands such as Cheesecake Factory, Chick-fil-A, Target, Subway, and Whole Foods. Hazel Analytics is also the proud recipient of Jack in the Box's 2016 Food Safety Innovation Award.
About the role
We're currently seeking experienced front-end engineers to continue growing our engineering team. We're looking for candidates with a deep understanding of web technologies to join us in both expanding our flagship product and creating new products. Our team operates in an agile manner, keeping processes to a minimum and enabling engineers to stay focused on their work. We're especially interested in people who are eager to mentor junior engineers and who have recent experience with React/Redux, recent experience with implementing responsive web apps, or UI/UX design skills.
Compensation is $100K - $160K + 0.05% - 1% equity (DOE), plus a generous benefits package. We are not able to provide H1B sponsorship; relocation assistance within the United States is negotiable.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a field related to software development
- 4+ years of relevant career experience (2+ positions preferred)
- Enthusiasm for unit tests and robust APIs
- Implement new features and maintain existing features of Hazel software
- Support features with tests, instrumentation, and documentation
- Respond to customer escalations as needed
- Collaborate on gathering requirements for features and identifying areas of risk or uncertainty
- Contribute to improvements in team-wide processes, communication, and organization
- Self-motivated and quick to learn. Everyone says this, but we really mean it. We’re a fast-growing startup, where all employees have a direct impact on our success.
- Excellent communications skills. Engineers need to be equally comfortable discussing matters within the team, participating in a call with a customer, and writing timely, thoughtful emails.
- Writes clean, efficient, intelligible code. Although we're a startup and move quickly, we don't sacrifice code quality.