Founded in 2014 and based in Seattle, Hazel Analytics is the leading provider of health department data analytics solutions to Fortune 500s and top organizations in the restaurant, financial services, government, and education industries. Our technology is used by over 100 global and national brands to proactively monitor food safety and compliance at over 100,000 locations that serve millions of meals every day in the US and Canada.
Hazel is the proven market leader with nearly half of the top 100 food retail chains by size using its services. Customers include Amazon, Cheesecake Factory, Chick-fil-A, Target, Starbucks, Subway, and Whole Foods. We were awarded the 2018 Food Marketing Institute Food Safety Innovation Award and the 2016 Jack in the Box Food Safety Innovation Award.
As a product manager, you will be responsible for the vision, strategy and road map for our current and future products provide delightful technology solutions to traditionally non-digital environments. We operate in a niche market and have largely been defining the uses cases of health department data analytics for our customers and partners, so you will play a critical role in continuing to set the bar high for our innovation. As Hazel’s first dedicated product manager, you will own the product function and have as much impact as you have interest and attitude for. If you are passionate about beautiful technology products that deliver positive value to the public at scale, then you have come to the right place.
- Set the vision and strategy for current and future products.
- Originate, collect, and synthesize product ideas from internal and external stakeholders.
- Prioritize the road map, and execute on highest impact projects.
- Deliver growth by defining and fulfilling meaningful customer needs.
Who You Are
- Experienced product manager: 2+ years of product management experience in enterprise SaaS with a strong understanding of product-building areas including engineering, design, analytics, and user research/insights.
- Passionate. Excited about data analytics, data visualization and building amazing products. You’re a champion of a data-driven and customer-focused engineering culture.
- Proven doer and leader: able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone and influence company strategy. You have the ability fluidly switch between sweating the details to zooming out and understanding the business strategy.
- Great communicator and effective in soliciting and accepting feedback.
- Outcome oriented: you articulate the desired outcome(s) and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it; proven ability to bring simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations.
- Not afraid of getting technical. Comfortable sharing our vision in front of an audience, talking code with our engineers, and analyzing large data sets.
- You have grit and find viable ways to get stuff done.
- You earn the respect of your team by doing great work.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $100K to $130K, DOE.
- Equity: 0.05% to 1%, DOE.
- Fully covered healthcare.
- Free lunch (there is such a thing).
- Awesome co-workers.
- Actual positive societal impact: we do our part to help keep millions of people safe when eating out.