International User Acquisition Lead
London, UK /
About the International User Acquisition Lead at Headspace:
At Headspace, the Marketing team is responsible for inspiring consumers to experience Headspace and nurturing usage through data-driven marketing strategies. The Marketing team partners closely with Product, Finance, Content, and Data Science teams to develop, implement, and iterate on innovative data-driven marketing plans that support the growth of our business.
The International User Acquisition Lead is a key member of the Marketing and International teams, who will take strategic and operational responsibility for driving healthy and sustainable member growth across international priority markets. As a cross-functional leader working across global and local teams, this role will be key in steering international marketing by ensuring local member needs are translated into growth strategies, whilst being closely aligned with our global efforts. This ideal candidate will help build a trusted, content-driven and tech-enabled global brand at the cutting edge of health-tech, activated and brought to life with deep local relevance.
A successful candidate must have a passion for our mission, product, and technology, with a strategic mind, and recent experience working at a mobile-app or subscription based company. They will have had a proven track record of cultivating and scaling teams, partnering with product and data science teams on developing and implementing a marketing plan. This individual will bring fresh ideas, a strong point of view, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Set performance marketing strategy for priority international markets: UK, DACH, France, Nordics, Benelux, Australia
- Develop data-driven marketing plans in collaboration with rest of International Marketing team, Product, Finance, Content, and Data Science teams to ensure that the International growth strategy meets overall business goals
- Serve as a key voice in assuring performance marketing and creative comes together as one cohesive narrative to meet prospective members needs
- Collaborate with HQ teams to ensure localization efforts are complementary and additive to global strategies
- Partner with Data team to understand market-level campaign performance to inform future optimization strategies
- Research and implement new and most relevant ad platform & re-/targeting best practices to drive performance across different channels and geographies
What you’ve accomplished:
- 4+ years of performance and acquisition marketing experience, driving integrated global and local marketing strategies across International markets
- Previous experience with consumer mobile-apps, ideally at a subscription company
- In-depth knowledge of key marketing platforms for performance media channels (Apple, Google, Facebook)
- Deeply analytical and data driven; proficiency with CPA, LTV, A/B testing, promotional strategy, attribution models, and cohort analysis
- Track record of driving exceptional campaign results; specifically driving new customer growth
- Experience managing large media budgets and hitting monthly goals for user acquisition, CAC, retention, and other key performance metrics
- Proven experience leveraging data to impact marketing performance and to more efficiently buy better-performing media
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written to clearly convey market dynamics, strategies, tactics, rationale and results, to peers, agency and executive stakeholders
- Enjoy and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile culture—someone who embraces and leads through change and ambiguity
- Excellent relationship building skills and knowledge on how to influence teams and agencies
- Flexible and versatile in nature, able to overcome challenges while maintaining a positive attitude
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.