About the Standards Editor at Headspace:
Headspace is pleased to offer a unique opportunity for a principled, dedicated and detail-oriented editor to work closely with our Content, Design, Science and Legal teams to ensure high levels of excellence and consistency in everything we produce at Headspace in this newly created position of Standards Editor.
Working across the organization, you will be the final check on all of our publication and production systems to make sure our output is consistently in line with our full range of standards. You will work to socialize and communicate our formal publishing standards—working in collaboration with our experts in design, copy, meditation, science, and legal, and be the primary champion of these standards in all settings. Your keen eye for detail will be the final check on all produced work — including copy, designs, product and content — to ensure quality and consistency. You’ll have the authority to pause any item for release if something isn’t up to standard. This is an ideal role for someone who can work with guidelines and teams of every kind, and understands well the standards by which a company and brand must communicate and run.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- A copyediting professional and enthusiast, who loves grammar, style, the written word, facts, clarity, accountability and transparency.
- A proactive, passionate articulator and stalwart defender of strong standards across the organization.
- A skilled communicator whose diplomatic gifts makes it possible to provide feedback to both passionate creatives as well as growth-minded business units, while keeping all parties satisfied and moving forward quickly.
- Comfortable reviewing work for standards across a range of mediums, beyond text. Highly responsive and flexible; able to review and triage various kinds of work in an array of formats including text, visuals, audio and video and in-app experiences, on deadline.
- Experienced in communicating well and providing reviews in Slack, email and video chat.
What you’ve accomplished:
- A degree in English, journalism or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years of professional editing experience and proven success in an editorial environment.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment. Strong communication skills and the ability to be self-directed, or build processes from scratch. when necessary.
- A demonstrated ability to reflect editorial, scientific and legal standards in a position of review.
- An interest in meditation, mindfulness, wellness and/or experience in editing scientific work a plus.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.