Creative Diversity Director
Santa Monica, CA /
Headspace Studios /
About the Creative Diversity Director at Headspace:
At Headspace we want Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to be integrated into our creative processes and reflected in the content we produce and distribute.
To support this aim, we are introducing the role of Creative Diversity Director. Reporting to the Chief Product & Content Officer, this is an exciting opportunity to champion diversity in our creative development process and to work with key stakeholders to ensure our content is more inclusive and representative of our members.
The Creative Diversity Director is responsible for overseeing the overall content diversity and inclusion strategy across our different channels. This includes embedding creative diversity guidelines into our production workflows and monitoring and reporting applicable data to ensure transparency and accountability of our creative diversity goals. The Creative Diversity Director will provide guidance and expertise on all aspects of inclusion and diversity for our content team as well as our independent production partners. This includes discovering and developing talent from underrepresented communities.
We are open to this role being based in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City and London.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Lead outreach to our BIPOC members and other underrepresented groups to develop insights about how we can better serve these communities.
- Develop and implement principles for ensuring a sustained focus and commitment to diversity, equity, anti-racism, and inclusion.
- Establish metrics to evaluate success and ensure outcomes are delivered. Develop action plans to address areas of deficiency so that improvements can be made in a timely manner.
- Working closely and collaboratively with the co-Heads of Development, Executive in Charge of Production, and Director of Meditation and their respective teams to drive best creative diversity practices.
- Develop pioneering diversity and inclusion initiatives that support and develop emerging talent and content creators from underrepresented communities, working across all Headspace channels.
- Identify, manage, and strengthen collaborations with different organizations that further our creative diversity goals.
- Work with our PR team to build a cohesive communications strategy that ensures that Headspace’s creative diversity commitments, actions, and results are understood by our audiences.
- Liaise closely with our People and Places function to share insights and collaborate on initiatives and programs to enhance the advancement of diversity, equity and inclusion across the Headspace organization.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 5+ years experience working in the media industry with a depth of knowledge in content development and production processes.
- A deep understanding of diversity & inclusion issues within creative communities, and the importance of the role of diversity & inclusion in achieving creative success.
- Experience setting strategy, articulating that strategy, and rallying an organization around it.
- Incredible collaboration skills, enabling you to drive impact across a range of teams.
- A structured thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills —nothing slips through the cracks.
- A passion for the quality of programming we produce.
- A self-starter who has an entrepreneurial knack for building things from scratch and can effectively navigate ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of building positive relationships both inside and outside the company.
- A stellar role model of the company’s values who strongly champions the culture.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to develop cogent and concise arguments and present them with energy and conviction to a range of stakeholders.
- Data driven; very comfortable with deriving actionable insights from metrics.
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.