Senior Software Engineer, Android
Santa Monica, CA / Remote /
Technology – Engineering /
Headspace and Ginger have recently merged to become Headspace Health! While roles are still being recruited separately on our respective websites, new hires from this point forward will be joining Headspace Health. For more information, please speak with your recruiter!
About the Senior Software Engineer, Android at Headspace Health:
The Platform team owns all of the core domains that power Headspace as well as its internal tools and frameworks. It is our role to establish best practices in each platform and to build frameworks and APIs that will unlock the agility of the engineering organization. We are looking for a passionate software engineer who can help set architectural standards, own shared client modules, and drive our software practices to the next-level.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, Florida, Georgia, Maryland + Washington DC, Massachusetts, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace Health:
- Design and build Android applications for Headspace Health initiative
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Help establish and enforce the Android platform best practices and standards to maintain a healthy codebase
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
What you’ve accomplished:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related experience
- 4+ years of experience proven working experience in software development
- Working experience in Android development
- Have published one or more Android apps in the app store
- Deep familiarity with Java/Kotlin
- Experience working with Android frameworks
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace Health is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Headspace Health is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. Please view our Applicant Privacy Notice here.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace Health, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.